New EverSD Patcher released; compatible with Evercade Firmware 2.0.1 and will support custom themes

ever sd.JPG

A new EverSD Patcher was released (4.0) time for the holiday season! It enables EverSD users to use it on the Evercade handheld's latest firmware 2.0.1.

The developers also announced that they will soon release support for Custom Themes on the Evercade via the EverSD.

:arrow: SOURCE

Last edited by Prans,

adamsef

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got this last year and it’s so much messing about to get a game to work..
Long story short there are better Chinese handhelds that play lots of games..
I sold mine however I bought a new Evercade and have a few carts and I’m happier than I was..
Atari lynx collection 1 and 2 are awesome and the piko one
I’m not bored yet

Reactions: Idrolitina

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do we need that Evercade for the first place, while there's a CFW on PS Vita, 3DS and Switch?..

I don't understand it.
You don't NEED any of these systems or games. It's about what you WANT and ENJOY.

Why dump on people for their choices? We each like what we like, and most of us are capable of liking multiple things - or at least not complaining to those who like something different than us.

I have more devices that can play roms than I care to mention, but you know what? Choice for people can never be a bad thing...

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You don't NEED any of these systems or games. It's about what you WANT and ENJOY.

Why dump on people for their choices? We each like what we like, and most of us are capable of liking multiple things - or at least not complaining to those who like something different than us.

I have more devices that can play roms than I care to mention, but you know what? Choice for people can never be a bad thing...
Why ASSUME he is dumping on people for their choices? You know it could simply have been a legitimate question. And as a matter of fact, I was going to ask it myself. I don't know what this Evercade thing is. But I do have a modded N3DSXL, and it appears that it offers nothing to me. Not that I would hold it against someone for buying a no-name handheld from China even if they owned a hacked 3DS or Vita. But if it really offers nothing over those, then I too wonder why anyone would bother.

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why ASSUME he is dumping on people for their choices? You know it could simply have been a legitimate question. And as a matter of fact, I was going to ask it myself. I don't know what this Evercade thing is. But I do have a modded N3DSXL, and it appears that it offers nothing to me. Not that I would hold it against someone for buying a no-name handheld from China even if they owned a hacked 3DS or Vita. But if it really offers nothing over those, then I too wonder why anyone would bother.
Well then I will apologize (I'm sorry to anyone I offended) and answer the question...

The Evercade isn't a Chinese ROM playing handheld. It is a modern "retro" console that allows you to legally purchase classic games from yester-year on actual cartridges. EverSD and EverPatcher allow you to unlock the device to also play roms you already own as well as use retroarch - just like many do with other retail consoles like the vita and the ds family of handhelds using CFW.

DodgyJudge

A man of weird taste it seems!
Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Why do we need that Evercade for the first place, while there's a CFW on PS Vita, 3DS and Switch?..

I don't understand it.
Why do we accept this kind of judgment for other different taste in the first place, while there is nothing to gain be judging them or with what they want to do with their console it is their stuff/money..

I don't understand it at all.

cashboxz01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well then I will apologize (I'm sorry to anyone I offended) and answer the question...

The Evercade isn't a Chinese ROM playing handheld. It is a modern "retro" console that allows you to legally purchase classic games from yester-year on actual cartridges. EverSD and EverPatcher allow you to unlock the device to also play roms you already own as well as use retroarch - just like many do with other retail consoles like the vita and the ds family of handhelds using CFW.
So basically its a Chinese ROM playing handheld which uses proprietary flash media to make sure you buy the ROMs...something which has 0 demand but gets pumped by blogs and YouTube channels for affiliate commission.

I'd really love to see which OS it runs and the back-end software...which I'm willing to bet is open source emulators.

Unless if the company developed their in-house OS/kernel/BIOS, and the making of these carts use original source code as the base, compiled specifically for this hardware, and the software is reading/writing in real-time on the cart (not dumping the main software before starting the game), it's a Chinese ROM playing handheld.

For enthusiasts, I feel like cards with covers for retro games should be released instead. I'd be much happier buying the ROM with PDF manual download for a couple bucks on a physical card with a nice cover on front/back of the card and QR code/NFC chip for identification.

Attachments

• Charizard-Pokemon-Carddass-Part2-Red-Japanese-No000-Nintendo.jpg
    Charizard-Pokemon-Carddass-Part2-Red-Japanese-No000-Nintendo.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: mathew77

mugwort

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically its a Chinese ROM playing handheld which uses proprietary flash media to make sure you buy the ROMs...something which has 0 demand but gets pumped by blogs and YouTube channels for affiliate commission.

I'd really love to see which OS it runs and the back-end software...which I'm willing to bet is open source emulators.

Unless if the company developed their in-house OS/kernel/BIOS, and the making of these carts use original source code as the base, compiled specifically for this hardware, and the software is reading/writing in real-time on the cart (not dumping the main software before starting the game), it's a Chinese ROM playing handheld.

For enthusiasts, I feel like cards with covers for retro games should be released instead. I'd be much happier buying the ROM with PDF manual download for a couple bucks on a physical card with a nice cover on front/back of the card and QR code/NFC chip for identification.
It’s for the “carts must live on” crowd. I can appreciate that. I mean, Nintendo switched (pun) back to carts after the Wii and Wii U and it’s full steam ahead still.

cashboxz01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It’s for the “carts must live on” crowd. I can appreciate that. I mean, Nintendo switched (pun) back to carts after the Wii and Wii U and it’s full steam ahead still.
They did that because optical drive on a handheld isn't a viable option for 20+GB games...not because Nintendo wants to sell physical cartridges... (in which some cases, you still need to download the game after inserting the cart anyway).

If you really want separate carts for each game on a handheld emulator, just buy microSD cards and put a game on each one lol.

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They did that because optical drive on a handheld isn't a viable option for 20+GB games...not because Nintendo wants to sell physical cartridges... (in which some cases, you still need to download the game after inserting the cart anyway).

If you really want separate carts for each game on a handheld emulator, just buy microSD cards and put a game on each one lol.
don't worry, the carts are just SD cards anyway... No seriously, they are...

mugwort

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I’m saying a lot of switch users like the bitd vibe of carts that can be plug and play, not that Nintendo intended that. The cart nuts don’t want to make their own carts, they want to buy them with box and manual and sh like bitd.

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, for both Evercade and Switch.
For switch, in essence, yes.

For evercade they are LITERALLY SD cards. As in the first 8 pins of the cartridge are the 8 pins of an SD card. No conversion needed. Straight wire those 8 pins to the 8pins on a SD card adapter or reader and it will mount as a FAT partition on you computer. No security, no encryption, no obfuscation of any kind.

JunkoJakuzure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I am wanting to order the EverSD but im having a problem. I want this to ship to my country (United States) but why is it saying Europe for delivery I need help I want to get the device. If you want me to explain further please leave me a private message so I can give you the full context of the problem and see if you can help me with the resolution for it.

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I am wanting to order the EverSD but im having a problem. I want this to ship to my country (United States) but why is it saying Europe for delivery I need help I want to get the device. If you want me to explain further please leave me a private message so I can give you the full context of the problem and see if you can help me with the resolution for it.
I ordered one to the USA recently and had no issues... Did you use paypal? (I did)

JunkoJakuzure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered one to the USA recently and had no issues... Did you use paypal? (I did)
I did not pay for it yet its the delivery thing. i'll show you. I'm not sure if im supposed to click the first one or the second one

Attachments

• Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 48

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1