New DSTWO Patch for... Portrait of Ruin?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Recorderdude, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Recorderdude
    OP

Recorderdude Musician, Animator, Buffoon.

Jun 19, 2010
    United States
  2. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolf-husky™ So unholy, sister of grace

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Am I the only person in the world who never had Portrait of Ruin crash on me?

3. RoMee

RoMee ??

Sep 3, 2010
    United States
    ??
    I'm using a class 2 sandisk, an it works fine, never crashed on me once

4. Gh0sti

Gh0sti iOS Guru

Aug 19, 2009
    United States
    Inside you, all around you
    actually i have been having crashes myself with this game, i have a sandisk 8gb class 2, hope this works with it

5. Recorderdude
    OP

Recorderdude Musician, Animator, Buffoon.

Jun 19, 2010
    United States
    Mine was 16gb sandisk class 2, never even booted [​IMG] In fact SanDisk 16gb is infamously slow.

Now runs perfect and no crashes when rapidly pausing, or whatsoever. No slowdown either.

SC Team, you pwn.

6. rockstar99

rockstar99 Hi

Dec 3, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto
    Thanks for this, My 8gb Class 4 cant handle this

7. 9th_Sage

9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 30, 2008
    United States
    No, you aren't, but if you have a reasonably fast SD card, that might be why (I know mine is pretty speedy). I'm not surprised it happens to some though...it was with a different flashcart, but I used to have a much slower SD card and this would sometimes happen with that game.

8. mechagouki

mechagouki Kill 'em all...

Nov 20, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto, ON
    I played this game on my G6 flash (slot 2) with no issues at all. Great game, one of the hardest final bosses ever!

9. Schlupi

Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™

Aug 31, 2007
    United States
    Rozen Queen Co, Chicago Branch
    No lol. =P

I had played it on a M3 Simply, M3 Real, Acekard 2i, AND DSTWO and never once froze, using a cheapo Micro Center 2 GB and 4 GB. [​IMG]

I thought it was funny how it never did for me. HOWEVER, I did get the famous "Beat (Guy in Skull Cap) Freeze" in The World Ends With You. [​IMG]

Only on my M3 Simply, Real, and Acekard though. Not my DSTWO. =P

10. entombor2

entombor2 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2011
    United States
    I applied the patch and the patch in the official patch thread, ran castlevania in clean mode no cheats and in patch mode no cheats and i still got occasional freezes when using teleporters and some combinations of cheats in dirty mode.

madashell

11. schmocke

schmocke Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2010
    Gambia, The
    @entombor2:
    This is an old patch. Try the following:
    Back up all your *.sav files (and what else you want to preserve) from your Micro-SD to your Computer.
    Format your Micro-SD with the Panasonic SD-Formatter.
    Download EOS 1.09 and copy/install it to your Micro-SD, the mentioned patch is already included.
    Copy your roms and related *.sav files to the Micro-SD and you should be fine.
    Perhaps formatting isn´t necessary, but you never know - if you´d try it without formatting, delete all *.dtc files from your rom-folder (especially the *.dtc files related to freezing roms). Of course, EOS 1.09 is still recommended.

12. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    Antarctica
    The Forge
    Just wondering, is this the same patch YWG made for the game over a year (or more?) ago? It was implemented back then on some other cards (AKAIO, CDS Evo, etc) and has worked very well on different MicroSD cards..

-Qtis