Hacking new dstt card does not boot anymore

dsoutware

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just got my card for about a week, and jsut got a chance to work on it two days ago. I added the latest 1.6 firmware to the root with the .dat and folder. Then added the games in games folder i created. When booted up, it does not do anything. It just go directly to the regular DS menu where the pictochat is. And on the uper part it said "no ds card inserted" or something like that. I tried taking it out and reformat with fat and fat 32 both does not make any difference. Can someone help. thanks

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ah,i tried ding that too,problem is,i think that dstt doesn't support folders,but ysmenu does,so delete that folder and put all games at the root of the sd card

dsoutware

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
thanks for the reply. But the problem is that i can't get to the menu screen. When my DS booted up, it goes right to the regular pictochat screen and not the ddst menu screen. is there a way to fix this. thanks.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lolzed said:
ah,i tried ding that too,problem is,i think that dstt doesn't support folders,but ysmenu does,so delete that folder and put all games at the root of the sd card

Bad advice. Although the DSTT doesn't show the folders in the menu, it does scan folders. Furthermore, putting your games at the root will cause the DSTT to crash (there is a limit to the number of files that can be at the root). So you MUST put your games in a "games" folder.

@dsoutware: It sounds like you have a bad DSTT. Try turning it on without a microSD card in it. If the DSTT is making contact, you should at least get an icon that says "No Card" underneath it (indicating that you don't have the microSD card in it). If it still takes you to the NDS menu (I'm pretty sure it will from your description) you'll need to contact the seller to exchange it for a new one.

If you get the "No Card" icon, then you might have a bad microSD slot. Reformat the microSD card and put a blank microSD card in it. You should get an icon that says "Menu?" on it (indicating that your microSD card doesn't have the firmware installed on it).

-Bri

dsoutware

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
thanks Bri, i think i might have a bad card since i took out the micro sd that came with the dstt and used a different one and it does not work. I reformated many times and also tried putting the firmware in the root and games in folder. I tried the game without folders and put on root as well.

dsoutware

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i tried that too. Without the sd cad in the flash cart when inserted, it's not doing anything different. The DS just boot like normal without anything in there and have the "no card inserted" up on top of touch screen.

dsoutware

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i am just wondering if my card is fake, could that be the reason why it might not work. I check the website for fake or not, but i am unsure since it's kinda confusing. The box that came with it is rectangle. The shape of the card looks real but also looks like the fake one on the dstt site. is there a distinction clearly that separate them from fake and real. thanks for any futher assistant.

oops, sorry i forgot to do the edit above and made new reply.

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try cleaning the contacts inside the slot-1 hole, you'll find a small wooden lolly-stick type nail file is perfect for the job, be gentle obviously, the stick fits perfectly into the gap infront of the contacts.

dsoutware

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i have tried all possible ways but no go for me. I have decided to return it DX and get a replacement. The thing is how am i suppose to know if they will send me a fake one or not. Just by looking from the outside, it has the features of fake and real, so it's hard to figure out which is which on dstt site. Mine came in a rectangular box. Does that make any different.

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
dsoutware said:
i have tried all possible ways but no go for me. I have decided to return it DX and get a replacement. The thing is how am i suppose to know if they will send me a fake one or not. Just by looking from the outside, it has the features of fake and real, so it's hard to figure out which is which on dstt site. Mine came in a rectangular box. Does that make any different.

The blister pack shown here:
http://www.ndstt.com/en/images/new_tt_en_large.jpg

...is the current one. The non blister-packed boxed one is supposedly an older run which ceased being manufactured a few months back. However, DealExtreme may have still had stock, or they may be just your general run-of-the-mill fakes they were selling (and possibly still might be selling).

DealExtreme's current blister pack TT model looks VERY similar to the pic labelled:
Stopped production TF slot on the LEFT

You can (very easily) open the cart in two by sliding your fingernail between the two halves.
Looking at the TTDS sticker facing you, start from the bottom-right corner (I find it's easiest there). Slide finger nail through and around... and watch it come off. Pretty easy.

Your PCB should look very similar to that pic if you ordered recently.
I'm still not sure if it's fake or not (there are some minor differences internally). But something tells me we'll soon find out.
More info:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=114171

Good luck with your return.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The older DSTT's (the one without the indention near the microSD slot shown at the top of the "anti fake" page on the ndstt.com website) are glued shut and to look inside you have to force them apart, and then glue them back together once you're done. Luckily, if you have an older design you can tell if it's fake without opening it. It would have a gold dot near the microSD slot visible without taking it apart. If it looks like the older design and doesn't have a gold dot, it's just one of the older ones which are not fake.

If your cart has the indention near the microSD slot, it's a new design, and there's no way to tell if it's fake or not without opening it. But I believe the new design isn't glued shut (I think it just snaps shut). Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

By the way, some are claiming that the 1.16 version of the firmware contains fake-killer code. It's possible that yours is fake and that the firmware killed it.

Either way, return it to DX, tell them it's not working, and make sure you specify that you want a REAL one in exchange.

-Bri

dsoutware

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
thanks for the great info. I didnt' get a chance to open it up since it didnt' work to begin with. So i just sent it back to them. I am awaiting for a new one, hopefully it will be a genuine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: