Gaming New DSiXL user, with DSTTi card...

thegofa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hi All,

My first post so I hope its in the right place, apologies if it isnt.

Ive just bought a DSi XL which has Version 1.4.4A Firmware on it. It came with a DSTTi card and an 8gb card in it.

Can someone please tell me if this will work in the DSi XL and if so where do I find the files I need to play all the games on the card.

I have a lot of bought games but there are some very old ones on the card I cant even buy any more.

Thanks for any help you can give.
TG.

thegofa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
The DSTTi cart has the 8gb chip in it with a whole ton of games on it, but when I start the DSi XL with it inserted it says an error has occured and restart the DSi :(

Isnt there anything we can do, flash firmware etc? (I had a PSP and flash uprgraded many times so im an old hand)

Thanks for helping.
TG.

EDIT: Sorry the card has ndstt. com on it but thats a pretty defunct site now.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
You can't edit the DSi's firmware, you'll need to update the flash cart's firmware. Two problems with that though.

1 - There's no universal firmware. You'll need the specific update for your cart model from the site.
2 - You need to be able to run the cart in order to update it.

Get a new cart, and make sure the store you buy it from updates their carts before sending them out.
http://gbatemp.net/t290097-which-flash-cart-should-i-get

thegofa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Well it would seem the Supercard DSTwo is the choice here then. Will the 8gb mem card I have fit in it, and if so where do I get the software (menu etc).

Thank you for being so helpful Rydian, sorry to ask such dumb questions.
TG.

Edit: Sorry also you said make sure the store updates the cart, is that onboard or does it need a mem card to put that on from the start??

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
If it's a MicroSD it should work.

The setup guide is here; http://gbatemp.net/topic/290190-the-supercard-dstwo-beginners-guide/

And no problem.

And it's onboard. It's placed on the MicroSD, but then you have to run it and it updates the card's onboard memory itself, which is why you can't update your current (since you can't run it to update it).

thegofa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
My son has a DS Lite, which will run the cart & the games on the mem card. Can I use that to update it?

Hes got himself a new 3DS so doesnt use it but it works fine. And yes it is a Micro SD 8gb.

TG.

thegofa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
OMG thats great news. I still need your advice im afraid, then I promise to leave you in peace.

How do I get this cart and card to work on this DSi 1.4.4 ? Never done this before, only flashing PSPs a long time ago.

Not sure what files to get, where to put them or how to upgrade things.

Thanks for your patience Rydian, it is very much appreciated.
TG.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
OMG thats great news. I still need your advice im afraid, then I promise to leave you in peace.

How do I get this cart and card to work on this DSi 1.4.4 ? Never done this before, only flashing PSPs a long time ago.

Not sure what files to get, where to put them or how to upgrade things.

Thanks for your patience Rydian, it is very much appreciated.
TG.
Updating the DSTTi or DS2?

You need to download the latest kernel files (or OS files - whatever you call it) from the site printed on the cart. You also need to make sure that it supports V1.4.4 or else it's pretty pointless.

Where to put the files? Open up your MicroSD on the computer, the first screen you see is the place you paste the files. The flashcart sites call it the root of the MicroSD. This also applies for DS2.

I'm sure there are some custom firmware for the DSTTi (something like Wood firmware for R4) which can let it run on V1.4.4 if the official kernel can't. I'm not too sure about this since I don't own a DSTTi.

thegofa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Sad face, didnt work for me. I d/l the 1.4.1 firmware update and the 1.17 TT menu. Put these onto the DSTTi and started the DSLite.

Menu came up, im like sweeeeeet, clicked on the 1.4.1 updater, went through to 100%, said power off, did that.

Put the cart into my DSiXL and started it. In the menu was "Alex Rider - Stormbreaker - DHS" as the game in the slot???

Clicked it and BAM, "error has occured, hold button to restart" etc...

Really though it might work for me :(

Thanks everyone for trying to help me, appreciate all your efforts.
TG.

thegofa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Its cool, I will leave the old cart and fill it up with games so we can use it on the old DS Lite.

Will get a new one, Supercard DSTwo seems a good choice, and try again.

If I get lost I will come see you again, but in the meantime, thank you for all your help.

Cheers,
TG.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it won't make it better or worse