New DS

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by CheatingSoi, Apr 2, 2008.

Apr 2, 2008

New DS by CheatingSoi at 10:46 PM (1,846 Views / 0 Likes) 18 replies

1. CheatingSoi
    OP

Member CheatingSoi Graphic Designer

United States
    So, my DS's right speaker doesnt work and its under warrenty so gamestop said I could bring it in and theyll replace it for me. Will they give me a new ds or refubished? and what color should I get? I had a White Launch ds lite that broke so I got this Onyx ds and they said they dont have the color in stock (which im not a big fan of anyway) so what color should I get? I'm choosing between white and that new red and black one exept not sure if i have that option and idk if that costs more so if that is the case then it will probly just be white.

2. Grimalkin

Member Grimalkin Waaaaaaaah!

Canada
    Choose anything but white. The hinges are a solid piece on the white DS which makes it easier to break from stress.

3. airpirate545

Member airpirate545 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I have the white DS Lite and I hate it. It's the only DS where you can really tell where the dirt is and sometimes dirt gets between gloss and it makes it look so horrible. Get a darker color if you can [​IMG]

4. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    Either the red & black or the blue one (I saw one in Wal-Mart, so I'm assuming it's an official color in USA now). Avoid the white one.

5. Bob Evil

Member Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

United Kingdom
    Get an iQue DS Lite, not a Nintendo DS Lite ... I did, when I needed a replacement, and I have not regretted it, one bit.

6. CheatingSoi
    OP

United States
    hmm, well I liked the white one because it did not show fingerprints. However, thats how my old one broke, the hinge problem. didnt know the other colors were differnt. I just got a white Cyclo, cuz i thought id be getting a White ds however the color does not bother me reall but I really do like the Red/Black one. Idk maybe Ill go with that if they have it. any other color suggustions? I dont want pink, dont kno bout the other colors.

Edit: Is there a differnce between the red/blue/black ones between the other ones? Improved battery, better lighting?

7. silent sniper

Member silent sniper !dennaB

Canada
    are you mad? why would you go and get the CHINESE DS?

8. Bob Evil

United Kingdom
    Cheaper (much cheaper, in fact), more scratch resistant finish, comes in red & black with dragons silk-screened onto it, 3 styluses ...

Even comes up with the iQue logo, in stead of the Nintendo logo, when it boots ... which I like [​IMG]

9. TheWingless

Member TheWingless Wafuu~

United States
    I'm pretty sure it's a normal DS with Chinese characters added, though only a few games actually are iQue only due to Chinese characters.

10. tinymonkeyt

Member tinymonkeyt GBAtemp brat

United States
    i dont think theres a diff between the cobalt one (blue and black) and the crimson (red and black)
    it just depends on whether you like blue or red more
    p.s. i heard the blue looks more purple so you might wanna keep that in mind

11. CheatingSoi
    OP

United States
    K back from gamestop, they took forever sence I didnt have my warenty with me, just the recipt. Anyways I got the crimsin/black on and its pretty nice. Once again though, terrible luck with applying screen protectos, bubbles everywhere and even a random white speck. I swear tho that this ds it lighter than the other ds lites. it does have a differnt material on the bottom so is it actually lighter?

Edit: woah, 101 posts?! Last time I checked I had like 60 or 70. Kool

12. leavemealone347

Member leavemealone347 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    White spot = stuck pixel. You could take it back.

Also there is some homebrew that will flash many colors very very quickly that can fix stuck (white) pixels sometimes but not all the time. I don't know what that homebrew is called though.

13. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    I don't like the Onyx DS too much. I have one, and I like it, and am satisfied with it, but hate the fact that the finger prints are so visible.

14. leavemealone347

Member leavemealone347 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I like my Onyx. Fingerprints don't bug me too much though. I also feel it is less "kiddie" looking. But that is just IMO.

15. Bob Evil

United Kingdom
    Usually, it's only the young who worry about things looking "kiddie" [​IMG] lol

16. 2dere

Member 2dere GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    http://www.pineight.com/gba/#stuck I hoping you have something that can play gba roms to use this with. I haven't heard of there being a DS counter part but thats not saying anything.

17. CheatingSoi
    OP

United States
    Nah, the white speck is a smal. peice of lint or somthing. Its really annoying but realhotstuff has this new thing wheres if you write a review, they will send u free screen protectors with ur next ordered item. and lucky me, i just ordered an ez flash.

Same reason I dont like black is cuza the fingerprints but also I just like the black on a ds. However I got the red/black one and I like it better than any color. It also cant get fingerprints (exept on the red which u cant see as much) because this ds's bottom casing is the same material as the inside.

18. gblock247

Member gblock247 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I hate my white one to...that's why I'm getting a pikachu yellow replacement case and having it put on(about $75 I think total) cheaper than that painting site....

Will this work on the R4?

19. CheatingSoi
    OP

United States
    It works on any flashacard. Its just a homebrew app. I have used it with my other ds but it never had a dead pixle so dont know if it works or not.