Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP

New Firmware for the DS-Xtreme

Version 1.0.2

logo.gif
The DS-Xtreme team has *finally* allowed us to tell you about the new firmware that has been in development for several weeks already, as we were sent a beta version of the firmware one week ago. Here are the results of our tests:

• Pokemon Pearl & Diamond, Naruto and Worms now work

• Mario & Luigi is fixed too, boots and plays normally

• Saves issues fixed in all games

We however are sad to see that download play is still broken in some games (Big Brain Academy, Yoshi T&G). We were also not able to try all 655 games so please forgive us if we didn't report any new problem.
So why did it take so long? Well, they have been working on some new enhancements, new features which they won't let us talk about. You'll find out very soon anyway because the DS-X team promised us that this new firmware will be available today (Saturday 4th of November).

icon11.gif
Check the DS-Xtreme compatibility Wiki that we help keep updated as we try more games

icon11.gif
Visit the DS-X official website

icon11.gif
Check the video showing the new firmware in use

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
What bothers me is that today I spent about 6 hours taking videos, resizing, editing, etc. for our '2nd opinion review' of the DS-Xtreme.
And now I wonder if it's even necessary for me to go on with it
wacko.gif

Oh and also the DSX team have told us "we're releasing the firmware today or tomorrow" for *DAYS* but have always delayed it! I really wonder what takes them so long (that they won't tell us) are they adding new things? are they fixing every single issue?
Anyway, we'd seriously be lucky to have the update today. They've been doing such promises for ages. But still no new firmware!
Really makes you wonder...

QUOTE said:
What about Tony Hawk DJ?
well this game always worked on the DSX
but yeah the other companies don't seem to be reacting.. still no M3/G6/SC/EZIV/etc. update

D

Deleted User

I'm very excited to see this firmware update. My F2A 256 has outlived my EZF RT 256 - and as the GBA games are just about all but dried up, I needed a new Fix, so I ordered a DS-X. I'm happy that they are working on the problems. Just seeing Mario & Luigi 2 working is great news in itself, DL play will be fixed soon...

Has Wifi been tested? and 2player that's NOT DL play tested? If I've missed a thread, please just point me in the right direction...

deathspawn999

Trophies
XP
Country
wifi works with every flash cart afaik. 2player multi cart also works afaik. waiting for my bros ds-x to get here so we can really tear it up.

kazumi213

Trophies
XP
Country
Very good news. I hope this slaps in the mouth to some posters around here. Now that Pokemon D/P is fully working on this baby I'm gonna buy it.

What bothers me is that today I spent about 6 hours taking videos, resizing, editing, etc. for our '2nd opinion review' of the DS-Xtreme.
And now I wonder if it's even necessary for me to go on with itÂ
wacko.gif

Well, I still can't get the point of a re-rating before the release of this announced firmware update. IMMO it seems you started it "forced" by the "complainers", most of which are not DS-X users.

QUOTE(Costello @ Nov 4 2006, 06:24 AM)Oh and also the DSX team have told us "we're releasing the firmware today or tomorrow" for *DAYS* but have always delayed it! I really wonder what takes them so long (that they won't tell us) are they adding new things? are they fixing every single issue?
Anyway, we'd seriously be lucky to have the update today. They've been doing such promises for ages. But still no new firmware!
Really makes you wonder...

Take it easy Costello
wink2.gif
. Look at what they've already fixed. We shouldn't rush them. Now they deserve the time it took.

urbanmindz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know bout you.. maybe i am just crazy but in the video when he booted the ds there was no warning screen. it just booted straight into the nds os screen.. NOW if there is something that you guys know bout that i DONT know bout how to remove that screen PLEASE let me know.. or maybe he just tapped the screen quickly?

I am glad to see the DS-X team finally releasing an update.. i will be looking forward to it

ugly_rose

Trophies
XP
Country
Interesting! Lets see if they hold on to their promise better today.
happy.gif

Well, I still can't get the point of a re-rating before the release of this announced firmware update. IMMO it seems you started it "forced" by the "complainers", most of which are not DS-X users.

You don't see the lack of updates as something bad then.

Personally, I am incredibly annoyed by such things (e.g. that the Tony Hawk DJ doesn't work on the M3/G6/SC/EZIV etc.). Might as well start considering to re-rate those products too
tongue.gif

jeklnoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I dont know bout you.. maybe i am just crazy but in the video when he booted the ds there was no warning screen. it just booted straight into the nds os screen.. NOW if there is something that you guys know bout that i DONT know bout how to remove that screen PLEASE let me know.. or maybe he just tapped the screen quickly?

It's called FlashMe.

urbanmindz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know what flashme is.. but i was always under the impression that flashme wouldnt boot into the original os.. i thought that flashme was basically taking a firmware from a passcard and implanting it into the ds so that it would boot a flashcart from the GBA slot...

CacheSyntax

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Interesting! Lets see if they hold on to their promise better today.Â
happy.gif

Personally, I am incredibly annoyed by such things (e.g. that the Tony Hawk DJ doesn't work on the M3/G6/SC/EZIV etc.). Might as well start considering to re-rate those products too
tongue.gif

"Lack" of updates?

The DS X has only been out for two weeks! WTH?

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being older, wiser, and boring, I'm gonna keep my dollars for a while longer before deciding if I will buy one of these. But its good to see this update happening. I really would like to see this thing truly meet our (hyped up) expectations.

ugly_rose

Trophies
XP
Country
happy.gif

tongue.gif

"Lack" of updates?

Two weeks are two weeks too much
dry.gif

CacheSyntax

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
happy.gif

tongue.gif

"Lack" of updates?

Two weeks are two weeks too much
dry.gif

You expect to much. I'd really enjoy seeing you try to update some firmware and get it out in two weeks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm telling on you