New DS Trainer - Metroid Prime Hunters

ridgecity

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Oh well, I'm sure everyone will buy the original card wifi games right after nintendo bans hackers and roms, hehehe...
laugh.gif

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
It's not a *bad* idea, it was bound to happen sooner or later anyway. It's going to make things interesting to say the least.
Also, +1 on how the hell the coders managed to pull this one off. My 0.02$ is that they probably got some "help" in releasing this, as it's going to make the news, big time. News = publicity for a very overlooked game.

Ninty's probably waiting for everyone to talk about this now. And giggling like a schoolgirl.

Um... No. That's certainly not true. If anything, this is damaging Nintendo. Also MPH has been hacked before by the guy who also unlocked the Mario Kart tracks. I don't know if he is connected to this trainer but he didn't seem like that kind of guy.

Explain why. With arguments. Right now, it's a potential internet shitstorm. Just like "OMG THEY MADE A REMOTE CONTROL THEY'S GONNA PHAIL", and "LOL THEY CALLED IT WEE-WEE LOL I MAED A JOEK LOL". We'll see if this piece of news manages to reach the bigger newsfeeds.

Publicity = good. The game sells like shit, I don't believe MPH had a huge fan following / community, so they can allow this game to be broken since nobody cares. Tell me how "damaging" this is, since the game is already not popular? See how much people talk everytime something is cracked? There's a newspiece on /. for almost *every* time the PSP's firmware is cracked, for fuck's sake!

Then, when the news dies down, Nintendo can decide to ban flashcart users. They'll find a way... It was *also* bound to happen any time, as well, and this is the perfect excuse without having to sound too "evil" towards the homebrew community. They might let it piss away, but I doubt that.

Plus, trainers are fun. I wanna try floating around in morph ball mode, now
happy.gif

id242

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i do not believe that this will make that much of an impact on the community. sure, people will play 'unknowns' through Internet connections - and plenty others will play each other through mini-lan connections.

remember, this is only one game and not all 400+ games of which are released.

this may even spark others who are unaware of nds-rom hacking, to produce skins and other levels for currently released titles (but that is an exaggeration of the possibilities)

either way - people were called "cheats" in MarioKart.DS and that didnt stop others from playing the game. Now that there is a possibility for the few people who own flashcarts to "truly cheat" by using this hack, you will know who is who and go from there.

nintendo may ban those 'cheat' user IDs from their network - and if you ask me, it will be no big loss. play by the rules and dont get slapped. if you have skills at the game, you wont need the cheat and you also wont have anything to worry about.

those are my two-cents. disagree with me if you want.

HR_Shadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*sigh*

I would love to use this hack to scare my friends, lol, but releasing it for ONLINE!? Wow...that's not good. especially for people like me who are 5 stars and are actualy good at the game. Anyway, could someone tell me where to get it thorugh a PM or email? I don't need it for wifi, just to use it against local friends who have no idea about roms, hacks, etc, lol.

speechless

Friend Of GBATemp
Trophies
Website
nongoodgba.kiczek.com
XP
Country
United States
and when a real DS slot cheat device, say its an action replay comes out, you can then do this with with practically any game with the right codes... at that time will there be any more online tourneys?

this makes it possible for legacy's next firsty to have some sort of intro prepended... interesting
wub.gif

Frz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
frz.cc
XP
Country
Gambia, The
actually nintendo could change the online service so that cheating is harder (for newer games only of course...) just like there are very few cheats for pc online games...

and about banning mac: I believe you can change it by flashing your firmware...

Scorpin200

Iceman
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Great just great people have to sink this low in order to accel at anything nowadays, and i wonder what the people that were defending against mario kart will say now? It isn't so fair now is it or wait it's in the game so i guess it is.
unsure.gif

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's not a *bad* idea, it was bound to happen sooner or later anyway. It's going to make things interesting to say the least.
Also, +1 on how the hell the coders managed to pull this one off. My 0.02$ is that they probably got some "help" in releasing this, as it's going to make the news, big time. News = publicity for a very overlooked game.

Ninty's probably waiting for everyone to talk about this now. And giggling like a schoolgirl.

Um... No. That's certainly not true. If anything, this is damaging Nintendo. Also MPH has been hacked before by the guy who also unlocked the Mario Kart tracks. I don't know if he is connected to this trainer but he didn't seem like that kind of guy.

Explain why. With arguments. Right now, it's a potential internet shitstorm. Just like "OMG THEY MADE A REMOTE CONTROL THEY'S GONNA PHAIL", and "LOL THEY CALLED IT WEE-WEE LOL I MAED A JOEK LOL". We'll see if this piece of news manages to reach the bigger newsfeeds.

Publicity = good. The game sells like shit, I don't believe MPH had a huge fan following / community, so they can allow this game to be broken since nobody cares. Tell me how "damaging" this is, since the game is already not popular? See how much people talk everytime something is cracked? There's a newspiece on /. for almost *every* time the PSP's firmware is cracked, for fuck's sake!

Then, when the news dies down, Nintendo can decide to ban flashcart users. They'll find a way... It was *also* bound to happen any time, as well, and this is the perfect excuse without having to sound too "evil" towards the homebrew community. They might let it piss away, but I doubt that.

Plus, trainers are fun. I wanna try floating around in morph ball mode, now
happy.gif
You are paranoid.
wacko.gif

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Removed Delete Quote.

I thought offensive posts toward other forum member is not allowed.

He has been warned and had his posting priviledge removed for a few days to cool off.

/your friendly neighbourhood moderator

--

Just as another note folks, please discuss your point of view - but don't attack each other.

At the end of the day, it's just a game, and one that via ROM you're playing on the Nintendo WFC unfairly. Arguing whether or not cheating via your illegal copy of the game will ruin the online play is silly anyway. Whatever your reason for playing online with ROMs, if cheaters ruin the experience it's all part and parcel. The Mario Kart hack allowed extra tracks to be played - but not all hacks/patches/trainer will be for benefit.

That's the risk you take.

/my two cents.

daRealist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope that this trainer might encourage Nintendo to either a) tighten up online play so cheating isn't allowed or b) make it so only legit copies of games are able to play online (or play at all).

Remember, piracy is a privilege, not a right.
lecture.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu