Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
New DS Lite Bundle Coming in May
Lime green DS Lite
LIME.JPG

To celebrate Mother's Day (May 10th in the U.S., mark your calendars!), Nintendo is releasing a new DS Lite bundle on May 3rd. The bundle includes a lime green DS Lite, Personal Trainer: Cooking, and a carrying case. The price is currently unknown, but it will probably be around 150 USD.

icon11.gif
 Source

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Lime.... green? with the recipe cart? Doesnt really seem like a good mother's day present; my mum would prefer pink ds and cooking mama over this any time.

But that third item looks cool for a mothers day present, is it a case?

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
x.domination said:
Lime.... green? with the recipe cart? Doesnt really seem like a good mother's day present; my mum would prefer pink ds and cooking mama over this any time.

It's apparently some sort of purse o-o

sean0007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
x.domination said:

Yeah my mom wouldn't be too happy with that either. [sarcasm] Here's a strange green video game system...since you have so much free time, a recipe game...since your cooking skills are lacking, and a $5 purse...since you've always wanted to look cheap carrying a Nintendo purse around. [/sarcasm]

I love the DS but some things just don't make good Mother's Day gifts.

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I like how they're releasing a DS lite bundle when they're heavily advertising so everyone will buy a DSi.

D

Deleted User

sean0007 said:
x.domination said:

Yeah my mom wouldn't be too happy with that either. [sarcasm] Here's a strange green video game system...since you have so much free time, a recipe game...since your cooking skills are lacking, and a $5 purse...since you've always wanted to look cheap carrying a Nintendo purse around. [/sarcasm]

smile.gif
That was the first thing that came to my mind when seeing this bundle.

QUOTE(Twiffles @ Apr 26 2009, 03:56 AM)
I like how they're releasing a DS lite bundle when they're heavily advertising so everyone will buy a DSi.
You're right, this is somewhat strange.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
there is also one of these being offered in australia
QUOTE said:
1147.jpg

Dear nintendo.com.au member,

Give Mum a little 'me time' this Mothers Day

Nintendo has Mother’s Day covered with the limited edition Nintendo DS Lite Metallic Rose with More Brain Training bundle and Wii Fit.

Nintendo has partnered with Olivia Newton-John on a limited edition Metallic Rose Nintendo DS Lite, that comes packaged with More Brain Training. Available in stores from 23 April.

With Mother’s Day around the corner, Sunday May 10, the Metallic Rose Nintendo DS Lite is an ideal gift for mum. The More Brain Training game is inspired by the work of prominent Japanese neuroscientist Dr. Ryuta Kawashima and contains various puzzles and brain teasers that stimulate the brain and challenge memory, math and perception skills.

“A sharp mind is as important as a healthy body” says Olivia Newton-John, which is why Olivia, who uses Brain Training and More Brain Training herself, was pleased to partner with Nintendo on the limited edition Metallic Rose Nintendo DS Lite.

Easy, fun and simple to use, there are no tricky controls and no complex instructions with Nintendo DS Games. Enjoy daily mental challenges like suduko or maths puzzles, or perhaps a crossword in our Training Series Games. Plan your next meal with Cooking Guide or take your well behaved Nintendogs for a walk. Choose a book from our 100 Classic Book Collection or get involved in solving a whodunit in Mystery Case Files. Whichever you choose, Nintendo DS has a range of games that ensure anyone can play.

Click here for your chance to win a limited edition Mothers Day Nintendo DS gift bundle...
1149.jpg

TraumaHoundNDS

Trophies
Website
traumahound.ndsthemes.com
XP
Country
United States
War said:
It's apparently some sort of purse o-o

No, it's a case. You can see the DS wrapped inside it on the box from the pic in the OP.

Target's been carrying these types of cases for some time now, I've seen them in a couple of different designs: bamboo and hibiscus.

From the product description:

Protect your Nintendo DS Lite system with this carrying case
Features fun fashion-inspired prints on a natural cotton organizer
Tri-fold system includes interior Nintendo DS Lite pocket, room for 6 DS games plus 2 extra pockets for additional storage
Constructed with an unique leather wrap closure
System Case
Also Features Separate Compartments for Components, Stylish Design, Protects DS Lite, Leather Wrap Closure, Portablility
4.0 x 7.5 x 1.5 "

As for the lime green, hasn't that been available in Japan for some time now? It'd be nicer to see some DSi bundles but I guess that'll wait until Xmas.

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
sean0007 said:
x.domination said:

haha, the same thing with the pink bundle, subtitute the words "your cooking" with "your brain" and recipe with brain training, it still doesn't sound good, but maybe if u are really good at phrasing things, u might get away with it
biggrin.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe they have an over-abundance of green consoles left and they're just trying to shift them. It is a rather daft colour.
That case looks pretty damn sweet though
smile.gif

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
But i really don't see the point of getting them such un-fun games like a recipe book compressed into two screens and a brain testing game. Mothers'day is to thank and appreciate our mothers, they should package it with something else; maybe a new colour ds bundled with fun games.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I asked the same thing on the Live Tempcast a couple of days ago.
Why make a DS lite bundle, when you're focusing on the DSi now? Seems useless.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe for Father's Day they will have a DS with a diamond plate case. That would actually be pretty sweet. The lime one looks pretty damn ugly IMO.

Gwaith

Trophies
Website
www.die2nite.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Am I the only one that thinks 150$ are a god damn lot for a mother days present? I mean how about the common flowers? And besides i don't think my mom would like the color nor the game.

Greetz ,

Gwaith

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Worst MS OS in history. Period.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My entertainment centers blocking all my io gotta fix that eventually
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I had used win 98 SE till XP arrived
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Tiger crust is great.