New DS Flash Kit - Ultra FlashPass EX ~16Gb

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by shaunj66, Jan 13, 2007.

Jan 13, 2007
  1. shaunj66
    OP

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom

New DS Flash Kit - Ultra FlashPass EX ~16Gb

Slot 1, GBA cart linker, 1/4/8Gbit

Another day, another slot 1 flash kit. Today the Ultra FlashPass team return with a new model of the Ultra FlashPass, the "Ultra FlashPass EX". The kit is already available and comes in sizes of 1, 4 8 and 16Gbit. Like previously announced flash kits, the UFP EX comes with a GBA slot style linker. It supports clean ROMs and is drag 'n' drop.
    The UFP EX is available from between £24 ($45) to £60 ($116) depending on the size.
    Enter the thread for more shots of the UFP EX.

2. shaunj66
    OP

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
  3. zatelli

Member zatelli GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    Wow, these flashkits keep popping up like crazy. [​IMG]
    Me wonders whether future slot-1 cards are all gonna be dual cart based.[​IMG] I for sure would'n like the upcoming G6 DS to act like this, even if it's for filling the slot-1 card with roms, or different binaries.
    Back on track, moonshell is a great homebrew, but it should be used as an OS.
    From the look at it, the 16 Gb version's retail price: $116, sounds like a pretty good deal, might be interesting if it performs well on problematic roms.

4. ugly_rose

Member ugly_rose GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sweden
    The product design intrigues me, especially its cover box.

5. Monkey01

Member Monkey01 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    I wonder, since the 512M version had like 5% compatibility, but the clone that was distributed by supercard seems to have like 100% compatibility... Will this card have 5%, 100% or anything in between as compatibility.
    The UI still makes me puke though and the top screen is just as not readable as it's DS-Linker clone. Also the software for N-Card was slow and buggy so I guess it'll go for this card too...

6. g.crow

Member g.crow beide mittelfinger hoch

United States
    creepy

mars

7. gbasho

Newcomer gbasho Member

United States
    this cart looks ok, i guess. i don't mean to sound bias, but i think i may like R4 + [your fav. slot-2 solution] more. that being said, i wait for review.

do you think that the m3 real may be a slot-1 + slot-2 boxed combo like recent entries?

8. INTERNETS

Member INTERNETS GBAtemp Regular

United States
    thanks

mars

9. Monkey01

Member Monkey01 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    I don't think the slot2 cartridge of these clones allow you to play GBA stuff or something, they're only used to put files on the slot1 cartridge...
    If the M3 Real is gonna support GBA stuff, it'll probably have a slot2 cart yes, but not just to put files on it.

10. Shadowhunta

Member Shadowhunta GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Exactly right,the usb cable attaches to the cart and ALL it does is transfer data (very,VERY slowly) to the slot-1 cartridge...hell you even HAVE to take it out to play the roms on the slot-1!!
    The ui and such seems identical to the DS Linker and yet the DS linker seems to be the first one out..and yet i've heard nothing about it here at GBA temp!

Tony