New DS Flash Kit - Media Gamer

D

Deleted User

laugh.gif
@ at the slideshow! They didn't even take the time to change the logo!
rofl2.gif

Those crazy Chackers!

WTF is Chackers?
Referring to this thread -> scene, why secne relase foind in pub www page? - it means Chinese hackers ...
wink.gif

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The amount of DS flashcarts is getting silly now. How many was released for the GBA? I can only name Flash2Advance and EZflash at the moment.

Generic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There were several other GBA flashcarts as well, though the market eventually weeded out most of the companies producing them. I purchased one of the early visoly carts from Lik-Sang. It was pretty solid, but the lesson I learned was that it was better to wait. The Flash2Advance and EZFlash Carts were much better, and much cheaper.

If I was going to buy a Slot-1 solution early on, I would by from a proven company like EZFlash, M3, or SuperCard... Time will tell if these rebranded knockoffs will be worth the effort to get them.

Verocity

Ö!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wow, this really honesly is getting out of control. Ill be looking more in on the

-EZ5
and the
-slot 1 supercard
and possibly
-m3 slot1?

M3 will probley be the most expensive though. EZ team always have a really good price though.

falcon64z8

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You know with all of these slot-1 popping out like hot cakes in the market, they are all going to be obsolete with the Supercard team and the M3 team releases their version, because we all know that those two companies we can really trust.

mr_blonde_88

Torture You? That's A Good Idea. I Like That
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
You know with all of these slot-1 popping out like hot cakes in the market, they are all going to be obsolete with the Supercard team and the M3 team releases their version, because we all know that those two companies we can really trust.

those are the same people who do the G6 arnt they?

cus yeah, when that arrives, it will rock
biggrin.gif

GameGeezer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I agree that most people will wait for the M3/G6 and SC card but I don't think the tradeoff of convenience for GBA functionality is a good one. For people who already have other cards I suppose this won't be a problem, but if I were a new user I would hesitate before going the slot 1 route. There are too many great GBA games to lose this function.

mr_blonde_88

Torture You? That's A Good Idea. I Like That
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
I agree that most people will wait for the M3/G6 and SC card but I don't think the tradeoff of convenience for GBA functionality is a good one. For people who already have other cards I suppose this won't be a problem, but if I were a new user I would hesitate before going the slot 1 route. There are too many great GBA games to lose this function.

yup, i plan on gettin a slot 1, and then using my g6 purely for GBA gaming

might sell my passcard3 as well if the slot 1 device can be used as a passme too

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Even if there was, it would have to run GBA roms from slot 2. Slot 1 is not fast enough to process data directly from the card, and the DS's main memory is not big enough to hold any but the smallest games.

true, but why do games like CV : POR still faltering with the faster access speed of slot 2? Limitations of the flash carts?
That, and SD cards that aren't fast enough would be my guess. PoR runs perfectly on my G6 lite.

The issue with GBA games is that the GBA uses high speed carts so that it can execute code, images, sounds and whatever directly from the cart as quickly as if the data were in the system memory. This allows the GBA to work without much RAM; 384 kB IIRC.

The DS cards work more like a CD, loading the data into a much larger main memory (4096 kB) before it can be used.

lurker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I agree that most people will wait for the M3/G6 and SC card but I don't think the tradeoff of convenience for GBA functionality is a good one. For people who already have other cards I suppose this won't be a problem, but if I were a new user I would hesitate before going the slot 1 route. There are too many great GBA games to lose this function.

yup, i plan on gettin a slot 1, and then using my g6 purely for GBA gaming

might sell my passcard3 as well if the slot 1 device can be used as a passme too
Wait wait wait...

You're using your slot 2 card for pure GBA functionality, but you still need a nopass?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since