Hacking new discovery - wii is bricked. Have some ?'s.

vegeta4ss

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know you get hundreds of topics like this on here. I searched through a lot and did a lot of research before my thread. I want to make sure I have not overlooked any method of starting my recovery. If anyone has any ideas about things i've not mentioned let me know. Thanks!

I have not hooked up my wii since I moved about 8 months ago. Prior to moving I had updated my 249/240 to v20 and my hermes slots to v5 and was happily playing. I have priiloader and bootmii installed (as IOS and boot2). My system menu is a 4.2U version.

When I turn on my system there's no video. At all. I dont know what happened in the move. It worked when I shut it down, and patches always cause a soft reset on the system so if I bricked it on my last patches then I would have known before I moved. At least that's what I would have thought.

No priiloader if I hold reset. The cd slot led does flash when there is no card indicating a bootmii install. The cdrom will take/eject discs but that's about it. I can hold down all 4 d pad directions on the gc controller in slot 4 and bring up the system and it seems to start trying to read the cd rom but still no video output. I don't have any real new titles here. Smash bros was what I was trying. What should I use for a 4.2U system?

I pretty much figure this thing is toast but it's been with me since launch day so i'd like to try and recover it if possible. Is there anything else I can do on my own before I start going through brick recovery steps like a savemifree or an infectus?

I havne't tried getting into recovery mode yet. Didn't have the hack enabled prior to the issue so I don't think that turning it on in the hacks.ini will do squat at this point.

Another question I have, which is probably more pertinent, is how can I take a bootmii image of my system and extract out my games that were saved to the console? I'm trying to not lose a perfect Mariokart and Super Paper Mario game here. Or am I mistaken there and bootmii only covers raw system files and not user stuff?

Thanks for reading and any efforts to help me fix my gear!

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hmm...before assuming the wii bricked itself...have you tried with different cables? And is it connected to the same television as before?

(perhaps the thing is properly working...on another channel. Or is the cable simply not connected well enough).

vegeta4ss

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmm...before assuming the wii bricked itself...have you tried with different cables? And is it connected to the same television as before?

(perhaps the thing is properly working...on another channel. Or is the cable simply not connected well enough).
Its a good thought that I had too. I happened to have a friends console here and was able to test both my video cables and my power cable. They all work fine. Their console works fine. Whatever i've got is isolated to just my wii.

vegeta4ss

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok the old module is out and a new bt module is on the way. Thanks for the help everybody. I'll update my post when I install it.

Since I tried to run smash bros in recovery mode will my system still be like that when I power it back up next? Or do you have to enter recovery each time you boot the system?

vegeta4ss

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i'm back in business. I was able to get bootmii to restore a nand backup for 4.2u. I lost a few save games but hey it works now so i'm not complaining. Thanks everyone for helping.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1