New Direction For Final Fantasy XIII’s Lightning

beta4attack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Square Enix made a teaser site for Final Fantasy XIII named "The Storm". It is part of the 25th anniversary presentation on September 1st.

Quote from Siliconera:
As previously reported, this presentation will bring to light details about the next Final Fantasy XIII project. The website confirms once again that the development team will present “a new direction” for FFXIII’s lead Lightning character.
I guess that means it's a 'dream come true' for XIII haters XD. But congrats to who likes it if they actually announced it.

Source:
http://www.siliconer...teaser-website/

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A new direction? Are they going to reveal her as a hermaphrodite?

She'd still be rather attractive.

Also how come they never give the games that deserve proper spin offs, you know, spin offs? Like we get FFX-2 and FFXIII-2 but no one gives a shit about like XII? A flawed game, surely, but a sequel could fix a lot.

EDIT: Wow my grammar machine just broke.

Reactions: 1 person

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

She'd still be rather attractive.

Also how come they never give the games that deserve proper spin offs, you know, spin offs? Like we FFX-2 and FFXIII-2 but no one gives a shit about like XII? A flawed game, surely, but it could a sequel could fix a lot.

XII Did get a spin off, and in my eyes a rather good one at that. Revenant Wings for the DS. Now, I don't know how it holds storywise to XII, but the gameplay was enjoyable!

Sooo... FFXIII-3 yes please!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XII Did get a spin off, and in my eyes a rather good one at that. Revenant Wings for the DS. Now, I don't know how it holds storywise to XII, but the gameplay was enjoyable!
I enjoyed it a lot more than any of the FFVII spin offs.

They should go back to IX, the last decent proper FF game.

Reactions: 3 people

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
i think 3 versions for final fantasy is just too much now. ff7 got crisis and dirge or cerberus but i dont think ff13 can go in that direction since ff7 had more memorable characters like cloud, sephiroth and vincent. i think they are using lightning's role a little too much and ppl may get perturbed.

i think 10 was the last best ff. 12 was great but changed the theme. i thought 12 was superb actually just too long and exhausting to finish everything.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

no one gives a shit about like XII? A flawed game, surely, but a sequel could fix a lot.

EDIT: Wow my grammar machine just broke.

while not quite a sequel there was some kind of follow up on the DS wasnt there?

Final_Fantasy_XII_-_Revenant_Wings_Coverart.png

Edit- turns out it was a sequel, not quite the spin off i mistook it for

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Here's a direction for you to go in, Square Enix. The one that leads away from the endless parade of shite games that should be ashamed to wear the Final Fantasy label. Remember when we were playing games like FF6 and the franchise was completely untouchable, the very definition of a triple A title more or less every time? Yeah....been a while since we've seen that.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I assumed this was about Versus XIII. If it isn't, does that mean that game has different characters? I don't know anything about the Versus games.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I assumed this was about Versus XIII. If it isn't, does that mean that game has different characters? I don't know anything about the Versus games.
Yeah, Versus had nothing to do with the other XIII-games. (apart from some thing... like the same universe or something IIRC). All different characters and world and mythology and stuff.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
New direction huh? Well, they've already taken it to "run down linear hallways", maybe they can simplify it even more for us and just give us a simple text based game:

You see a monster. Do you fight it? YES or NO?
YES
You win. Do you continue down the HALLWAY or stare at the CEILING?
CEILING
You see a ceiling. Do you continue down the HALLWAY or continue down the HALLWAY?

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
I'm a little curious wasn't XIII said to be a pretty horrible game being mostly AMVs and stuff?

FF was better back when it was Square, the newer FF has great graphics but is really stale story, gameplay and character wise.
Its crappy because its so damn linear. The battle the first half was aslo pretty boring. Seriously XIII lacks what XIII-2 has but XIII-2 lacks what XIII have.. God dammit can they put a damn game together?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ending to the fallout series was lame could've gave us a bit more