New details revealed for EVO 2020 Online, Smash Bros. Ultimate cut from the lineup

As we already knew from a prior announcement, this year's EVO tournament has been cancelled, and is being replaced by an online-only tourney. Now the organizers behind the event have offered more details, such as the dates and games lineup to be featured. EVO 2020 will take place over five weekends throughout July and August, with the first tournament taking place on July 4th and 5th.
  • July 4/5
  • July 11/12
  • July 18/19
  • July 25/26
  • July 31-August 2
The full game lineup was also shown--which includes the following:
  • Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[cl-r]
  • Dragon Ball FighterZ
  • Granblue Fantasy: Versus
  • Samurai Shodown
  • SoulCalibur VI
  • Tekken 7
  • Street Fighter V: Championship Edition
Notably, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate was cut from the list of games, due to unreliable online netcode. Another game that was previously scheduled, Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 was also removed. There will also be four different tournaments that will be open to the public, allowing fans to also partake in EVO, with a lineup of Killer Instinct, Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath, Skullgirls 2nd Encore, and Them's Fightin' Herds. Registration information will be given at a later date.

Attachments

• 20200520_073057.jpg
    20200520_073057.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 251

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Notably, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate was cut from the list of games, due to unreliable online netcode.
Ouch, this is brutal.

Hopefully Nintendo will listen... Which I honestly doubt they will.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Twas inevitable. Nintendo say they're working on improvements to their online service, but they were never going to be ready in time for this regardless. Oh well, I never really watch EVO anyway, just some of the replays on Youtube occasionally.

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you not read the OP or watch the video? They cut Smash for Them's Fightin' Herds.
yeah- people are going crazy about it on twitter
I'm just sitting back here laughing in hysterics- first nintendo's releasing the new "paper mario" travesty of a game, and now their flagship fighting game that is literally the highest selling fighting game of all time has been cut from evo- for a game that started off development as a fucking MLP fighting game. nintendo's really droppin the ball here

Reactions: DarkCoffe64

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you not read the OP or watch the video? They cut Smash for Them's Fightin' Herds.

wat

Also, I was at work on what will hopefully be my last day in shittail!

yeah- people are going crazy about it on twitter
I'm just sitting back here laughing in hysterics- first nintendo's releasing the new "paper mario" travesty of a game, and now their flagship fighting game that is literally the highest selling fighting game of all time has been cut from evo- for a game that started off development as a fucking MLP fighting game. nintendo's really droppin the ball here

Meanwhile, OUR GLORIOUS LORD AND SAVIOR DAISUKE IS LEADING THE FGC TO ROLLBACK!

Reactions: Cortador and duwen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: That 1600 watt PSU for 200 is tempting but crazy overkill lol