New Dead Rising Wii gameplay video!

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by War, Dec 13, 2008.

Dec 13, 2008
  1. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    "Capcom has released a new video of Dead Rising for the Wii scheduled for February 19 in Japan."

Wow, it's actually looking a lot better than I expected. Hope this turns out good for all the Wii users... (although there is a big difference between the 360/Wii versions if you compare the zombies on screen at a time)

Source

2. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    I don't care about less zombies, personally. Sometimes there were too many for my tastes (especially when you have stupid people-bots following you to safety) [​IMG]

I just hope you can still get that mindless fun killing zombies and the good story behind it [​IMG]

3. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    i really wish capcom just ported the game to the PS3 instead, but you can't complain, at least they ported it to the Wii instead, the gimmerick controls get in the way though.

4. shadow1w2

Member shadow1w2 Still here.

United States
    Looking alot better than it was. Though needs some anti alaising and more zombies still.
    Maybe better lighting effects. Looks very washed out too.

5. CockroachMan

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    The game looks fun, for a Wii game it doesn't look bad IMO.
    The problem here is that it's a 360 port, so, comparisons are inevitable. If this was a Wii exclusive people would be all over it.

People that never played the 360 version will certainly enjoy it.

edit: War, how do you embed a gamekyo video!? [​IMG]

6. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    I absolutely agree with you, C-Man. If I wasn't getting a 360, I'd be all over this like hot butter on toast. I love me a good zombie game, and this one looks really fun. I played it for about 5 minutes on my friends 360 and it was really fun because there's so much you can do in the mall, and so many different ways of killing the zombies. I think the Wii port is looking pretty good, although it pisses me off that they have to add WAGGLE WAGGLE to everything.

Off-topic: Haha, I just figured it out today. I had asked both granville and Narin how to do it, but got no response... but I finally figured it out on my own. I'll send you a PM and explain it to you, okay?

7. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    It is fun beating the crap out of zombies in many different ways but the camera element added to the gameplay, without it you get a game that will get old pretty fast and only worth playing in short bursts.

There could have be more zombies as I've seen games on PS2 with more characters on the screen, to me it just makes the game look easier, I hope I am wrong.

What Capcom should have really done is made an DR game especially for the Wii, new story and perhaps a different location (but one with many shops of course just for the objects). Many 360 owners also have a Wii so why would they pick this one up instead?

8. CockroachMan

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    I believe Capcom's main target here is Japan, where the original game had bad sales since the 360 doesn't have a big user base over there.

9. Prime

Member Prime GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    oh wow capcom what have you done?!

It looks lame...really lame.

10. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Looks like crap , there isn't even enough zombies to do the move where you run across their shoulders [​IMG]. Also from what I've read , they've taken away the time limit as making decisions and managing your time is too hard for some and messed with the save system , just pure fail

Should of just done a ps3 port or get a move on and make number 2.

11. Frozen_Fish

Member Frozen_Fish GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Looks like they've toned down the violence aswell for the wii's casual market [​IMG]

12. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    You know what, I was actually thinking about that too... I'm not sure how the blood and stuff looks in the 360 version, but I noticed the blood in the Wii version looked a little "ketchup-ey". (Basically fake)

13. p1ngpong

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia
    Well the game always had a cartoony look to it, looks like theres a lot less zombies in the Wii version though, which was one of the nice touches of the original. Personally I got bored of the 360 version fast because it was so hard, so less zombies might actually turn out to be a good thing.