New Danganronpa V3 Trailer and anime announcement

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Games & Content' started by Chary, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Chary
    OP

Chary Never sleeps

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States

Spike Chunsoft has just shown off a trailer for New Danganronpa V3: Everyone's New Semester of Killing, as well as announcing there will be an anime followup called Danganronpa: The End of Hope's Peak Academy, showing the events that take place after the first two games in the series; Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc and Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair.

Going off a loose translation of the video, Danganronpa V3 takes place in the "Gifted Inmates Academy". Exploration Segments and Class Trials seem to be making a return, where you will be using "your own lies" to win arguments.

Pedeadstrian, Originality and T-hug like this.
  2. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    Hmm... at 1:21 it's showing first-person, dungeon crawler-like gameplay... wonder if it's gonna take some gameplay from Ultra Despair Girls.

3. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    I wonder what supernatural explanation will make all the nonsense seemingly logical this time. My bet is on aliens and a despair nano-virus.

T-hug likes this.
  4. Lycanroc

Lycanroc Midnight Wolf

May 11, 2014
    Germany
    Ibbenbüren
    Anime that takes place after the first two games? Where's an adaptation of Danganronpa 2? :(

5. Pedeadstrian

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    Search "Goodbye Despair Let's Play" on Youtube. I mean, come on, I've heard of and can understand people complaining about rehashing old content, but why on earth would you not want more story?
    The MC (well, the character I'm assuming is the MC) looks robotic. Possibly a cyborg or android. Maybe
    Trigger Happy Havoc spoiler here

6. Lycanroc

Lycanroc Midnight Wolf

May 11, 2014
    Germany
    Ibbenbüren
    I did watch the walkthrough of the whole game already, but having an anime named "Danganronpa 3" right after an anime named simply "Danganronpa" kinda leaves a gaping hole in between.

Edit:

Might as well post the main visuals for the game and anime, since the OP seems to have forgotten:

Game:

[​IMG]

Anime:

[​IMG]

Last edited by Lycanroc, Dec 2, 2015
  7. Pedeadstrian

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    From the looks of it, though, they'll cover different content. Naming the anime "Danganronpa 2.5" would make more sense, I admit, but Spike Chunsoft is a video game company, so video games come first. It'd be kind of silly to enforce an all-or-nothing anime policy.

8. MegaAce™

MegaAce™ Steal back your future.

Nov 28, 2008
    Gambia, The
    The game won't continue the Hope's Peak Academy plotline tho, it'll be a complete new story. I think there's enough difference between the names Danganronpa 3 and New Danganronpa V3.

9. Pedeadstrian

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    Them not sharing the same plotline is my point. Also... if people can't wrap their heads around the difference between 3DS vs N3DS and Wii vs WiiU, what makes you think this'll be any different?

10. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    Is this guy in the middle Hajime or Makoto? I can't tell..

11. ChrisMCNBVA

ChrisMCNBVA GBAtemp Regular

Nov 5, 2002
    United States
    natural bridge, virginia
    I'm pretty sure that's Makoto, at any rate i'm excited for this since i beat all 3 games in english on vita, downloaded from the ps store so i hope both of these get released in the us at some point by nis america

12. Lycanroc

Lycanroc Midnight Wolf

May 11, 2014
    Germany
    Ibbenbüren
    Last edited by Lycanroc, Dec 2, 2015
  13. keven3477

keven3477 Fresh Prince of Lemonade

Jul 12, 2012
    United States
    Somwhere you can never find.
    Darn it, now I really need a vita to catch up with dagan2.
    I am almost scared to ask (because I don't want any spoilers), but did anything happen to togami and genocider.
    Because I did not see them appear in the anime trailer.

Last edited by keven3477, Dec 2, 2015
  14. Pedeadstrian

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    You have quite a while to catch up (either through a Vita (or PSTV for WAY less money) or by watching a Let's Play on Youtube) since it won't be out until next year, and probably won't be localized until 2017.

15. DarkShinigami

DarkShinigami #1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    Soul Society
    what i truly wonder is why makoto has a robot body(unless its a robot replica)

reguardless i cant wait.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

Last edited by DarkShinigami, Dec 3, 2015
  16. Lycanroc

Lycanroc Midnight Wolf

May 11, 2014
    Germany
    Ibbenbüren
    I don't think that's Makoto, it's probably a new character.

17. Pedeadstrian

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    I'd have to agree. They like to make main characters that look eerily similar. Honestly, when I first started Goodbye Despair, I thought Makoto returned.

Lycanroc likes this.
  18. Lycanroc

Lycanroc Midnight Wolf

May 11, 2014
    Germany
    Ibbenbüren
    I thought Nagito was Makoto, seeing how they're both lucky, and their full names contain the same letters (and they kinda look alike lol)

19. Pedeadstrian

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    I'm sure the name thing was intentional, either to play on the fact that Nagito is lucky, to act as a simple red herring (since they like to mess with people's minds), or both. I never actually knew about the name thing until you mentioned it. Now I'm tempted to go back and see if I could find any other anagrams...

Lycanroc likes this.
  20. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    Damnit, I'm pretty disappointed that a fucking anime will conclude the original Danganronpa storyline. It's like making Zero Escape 3 an anime only. Why not release both as games and Danganronpa 2 as anime adaption? And is this green haired chick on the poster Monaka or what? I hope that Nagito will make his return in some way or the other. He pretty much owned the last two Danganronpa games.