Hacking new commercial disk only works on backup channel

mugwort

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
new commercial disk only works on backup channel. PAL game New U Fitnes First Personal Trainer. Won't run on normal disk channel. How to get on usb drive? It is a modded NTSC with backup channel, priiloader, usb loader gx, etc.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
new commercial disk only works on backup channel. PAL game New U Fitnes First Personal Trainer. Won't run on normal disk channel. How to get on usb drive? It is a modded NTSC with backup channel, priiloader, usb loader gx, etc.
Use the USB Loader to rip it to drive

mugwort

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh so drive does not read discs anymore?
It reads other disks okay from the normal disk channel, even another PAL game on disk, just not this one. I have two copies of New U Personal Trainer PAL - one from UK and one from Australia. It reads both on backup disk channel, but neither on normal disk channel. I can probably just use backup channel, but wanted to make backup iso to save drive wear and because I can't find the iso online, so it might be good to make available if this issue with this disk is widespread.

Shadow#1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It reads other disks okay from the normal disk channel, even another PAL game on disk, just not this one. I have two copies of New U Personal Trainer PAL - one from UK and one from Australia. It reads both on backup disk channel, but neither on normal disk channel. I can probably just use backup channel, but wanted to make backup iso to save drive wear and because I can't find the iso online, so it might be good to make available if this issue with this disk is widespread.
Ok of USB Loader can read it rip it with the USB loader

mugwort

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok of USB Loader can read it rip it with the USB loader
Is there some special way to do this from the backup disk channel? As stated before, when I try to rip this disk with USB Loader Gx, it stalls and corrupts the USB drive and I have to reformat it. I have successfully ripped other disks, even a PAL game "Squash", with USB Loader GX. I know it is weird.

Last edited by mugwort,

Shadow#1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there some special way to do this from the backup disk channel? As stated before, when I try to rip this disk with USB Loader Gx, it stalls and corrupts the USB drive and I have to reformat it. I have successfully ripped other disks, even a PAL game "Squash", with USB Loader GX.
Then the disc is bad

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You don't have cIOSCORP/DARKCORP or anything like that installed right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: