new comer........

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by takun32, Jun 23, 2010.

Jun 23, 2010

new comer........ by takun32 at 8:32 PM (617 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. takun32
    OP

Member takun32 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I have a bit of knowledge behind the homebrew scene on the wii. I was wondering if I go out now and buy a nintendo wii, what are the chances that it would be on version 4.2? Judging that it just came out, my guess would be 4.2 or 4.1.

another thing. what if i put in monster hunter tri, and it asks me to update. would it upgrade me to 4.2(the newest update at the time the game was out) or 4.3(this would mean that the update is not within the disc but instead downloaded from nintendo's update server)?

2. Zetta_x

Member Zetta_x The Insane Statistician

United States
    I doubt Nintendo has shipped out any 4.3 wii's yet, if they have, it probably has not reached the shelves. It will most likely be system 4.2.

Monster Hunter has 4.2 on it, to tend to offline users, the updates are stored on discs rather then trying to connect to Nintendo's Servers. I doubt Capcom will start producing Monster Hunter discs with 4.3 contents as it would take extra unneeded work to implement it into their production process.

3. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    New Wiis will most likely have 4.2 or 4.1. Both of those can be softmodded, so that's no problem.
    After you modded it, you can optionally Block disc updates to prevent a game from updating your Wii.

4. Delta517

Member Delta517 Its okay...Im a ninja ;)

Norway
    Doesn't the new Wiis have a new DVD drive which doesn't play backup dvds? [​IMG]

5. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    Yes, but there was no talk about backup DVDs [​IMG]