New Chrono Trigger DS video and new details

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by granville, Oct 9, 2008.

Oct 9, 2008
  1. granville
    OP

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    The Japanese site was updated with the final video, The End of Time:

http://www.chronotrigger.jp/

As you can see, there's a new pillar of light that has something to do about the new features in the DS port. A little more digging unearthed new details about the new features.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And an article about the new features:

Famitsu has a small selection of screenshots showing Chrono Trigger's new features. In the Dimensional Distortion dungeon players trek through three rifts of time in a new scenario which effects the End of Time. Masato Kato, one of the story writers for the original release of Chrono Trigger, is supervising the Dimensonal Distortion dungeon and its shocking revelations. The Dragon Sanctuary shows Crono and company talking to the Reptites who are living in a cave. It sounds like they're going to give you fetch quests which will have you revisiting other areas.

The most mysterious feature is still the monster arena which gives time travelers access to 50 kinds of monsters. It's sill unclear if you control imps, winged monkeys, and Nus(!) in battle or if they fight based on a pre-assigned algorithm like Final Fantasy IV DS.

http://www.siliconera.com/2008/10/07/a-cle...r-ds-additions/

2. Jax

Member Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Portugal
    I can't freakin' wait for this to come out!

3. Banger

Member Banger Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?

United States
    Best enhanced port ever me thinks. Well I guess we will know if that is correct when it is released. Game size is going to be massive I think.

4. granville
    OP

United States
    I don't think it will be too big. The SNES version was on a 4MB cartridge. The only size hog they added is the videos. But we'll see. It won't go over 128mb though.

5. Banger

Member Banger Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?

United States
    Well I just assume it will have Cut Scenes like the PSX version had.

6. granville
    OP

United States
    It does have those videos. I just don't think they will use a 256mb cart just for a remake. Compression techniques have come a long way.

Kirby Super Star Ultra was full of videos (and tons of new graphics and features) but managed to be at 128MB (and a lot less when trimmed).