new chinese sx dongle 15$

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by kristiansja, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Wzzrd

Wzzrd Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2018
    Germany
    At first I tried to solder the boards like you did. But I allways had to touch the trinket board to get ground. Then I checked the page you linked to and found that this guy used the other ground soldering point. After I also changed the soldering points for ground it worked for me. Is it working for you flawless this way?

2. Ragenrok

Ragenrok Member

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2018
    Canada
    It's been flawless for me, not sure why you would be having grounding issues. Do you have a picture of what you did?

Also did you solder the two corners together? I'm curious if maybe those corners work a small grounds and since I soldered my corners that it fixed any ground issues.

I can check next week at work with my multimeter

Last edited by Ragenrok, Aug 17, 2018
  3. Wzzrd

Wzzrd Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2018
    Germany
    I have not soldert the edges. Maybe this fixed it for you.

4. Wzzrd

Wzzrd Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2018
    Germany
    Strange thing - after several successful boot attempts i now allways have to push the reset button on the trinket to inject the payload

5. jaysea

jaysea GBAtemp Regular

Aug 17, 2009
    Netherlands
    Maybe because they do not want to solder themselves?

6. Cariboufou

Cariboufou Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2018
    France
    i was worried but works fine with reinx !

7. lolboy

lolboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 16, 2009
    Netherlands
    I believe pictures from two dimensions (realities) got mixed.

8. Cariboufou

Cariboufou Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2018
    France
  9. regnad

regnad Button Masher

May 19, 2008
  10. Quicksilver88

Quicksilver88 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 26, 2013
    United States

Check out their github....it has instructions and they are also posting updated payload files:

https://github.com/euclala/RCM-X86

ShadyGame likes this.
  11. enderer

enderer GBAtemp Regular

Jul 19, 2015
    United States
    can anyone help me to change the payload on my dongle? i read about the trinket m0 i'm supposed to press the button twice and mount it as a drive but i can't get it to mount.

12. Keylogger

Keylogger GBAtemp Addict

May 3, 2006
    France
    Same question...

I have the dongle mounted but there is a Uf2 file on it, not bin file
    https://github.com/euclala/RCM-X86

13. Cariboufou

Cariboufou Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2018
    France
    Last edited by Cariboufou, Aug 24, 2018
  14. enderer

enderer GBAtemp Regular

Jul 19, 2015
    United States
    it says the same thing i read before: double click the button. i have double clicked this button relentlessly, leaving time in between. i have disconnected it and tried again i have done it all - in regards to double-clicking the button, and never has it mounted a drive. all it does is blink green once.

i've opened device manager and found its listing by sorting devices by container. when i double click it, it disappears from device manager. so maybe it's trying to mount?

EDIT: does it have to be usb 3.0?

15. Ragenrok

Ragenrok Member

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2018
    Canada
    try a different cord? I had alot of issues with the first cable I tried, second one worked great.

What lights do you see after you press the button twice? If I use a bad micro usb cable I see 1 Green and 2 red, if I use my good one I see 2 Green and 1 red then it mounts to my computer. The cable works for other things but it wont for this, I have to use a higher quality cable form a different brand to make it work as my cheapy ones wont do it, also USB 2 and 3 ports both work for me.

Last edited by Ragenrok, Aug 25, 2018
  16. enderer

enderer GBAtemp Regular

Jul 19, 2015
    United States
    no cord, it's got a usb connector attached. when i double tap the button, it blinks green once then continues red (charging).

17. Ragenrok

Ragenrok Member

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2018
    Canada
    What I meant was try a different micro USB cord. When I double press the button on mine I get 2 green and 1 red lights on I think (as in 3 lights on at once)

18. itsjch

itsjch GBAtemp Regular

Feb 22, 2016
    Australia
    Sydney
    I just got mine in the mail its really good!

19. brollikk

brollikk GBAtemp Fan

Mar 8, 2018
    United States
    The price of this dongle plus a license for sx os is pretty similar to just buying an sx Pro. Is it even worth getting this?

20. Ragenrok

Ragenrok Member

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2018
    Canada
    Depends, for me in Canada it was $10 usd cheaper to buy a m0 trinket and license due to shipping and I had it in 4 days. Cheapest I could get the SX pro was $35+$15 in shipping and it was atleast a 3 week wait (maybe more).

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted