new chinese sx dongle 15$

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by kristiansja, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Don Jon

Don Jon GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 20, 2015
    United States
    Oof

2. Nevercholt

Nevercholt GBAtemp Regular

Jun 30, 2018
    Netherlands
    Here's my video for this dongle :)

axeon73 and JoeBloggs777 like this.
  3. DollyWhipDoll

DollyWhipDoll Royalty & Unbothered. LMFAO!!! ;)

May 18, 2018
    United States
    The prices are getting so good that there'll probably be $10 sets by the end of the year.

4. gizmomelb

gizmomelb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 13, 2006
    Australia
    won't be much help with the unhackable switches being so common then.

being that.. my dongle and jig just arrived in Australia.. after being ordered nearly a month ago. haven't tried it yet.

5. Zangrief

Zangrief Member

Newcomer
    May 14, 2018
    United Kingdom
    My rcm x86 seems to have stopped working, it’s either not charging or can’t detect the console. I’ve got it on charge now, it’s got a solid red light with intermittent green flashing, anyone know if this is this normal? The usb-C end feels loose enough to worry me.

Edit: working now, plugging it into the Switch after the console had booted seemed to either wake the dongle up or charge it. It might only be charging via usb C...

Last edited by Zangrief, Sep 15, 2018
  6. OneForAll

OneForAll Member

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2018
    Australia
    I might as well ask here, but I saw some really cheap dongles on Aliexpress called 'RCMLoader'.

Some listing names of them (I'm not allowed to post links :sad: ):
    HeroAngel 2018 RCM Loader for NS Switch dongle SX OS Shorter Injector JIG kits
    HeroAngel Loader for Switch dongle SX OS RCM NS Injector JIG kits shorter Connect
    1PCS 2PCS 5PCS RCM Loader for NS Switch dongle SX OS RCM NS Shorter + Injector JIG kits

Has anyone gotten one of these yet?

7. bundat

bundat ¿

Jul 25, 2018
    Antarctica
    I checked it out and I saw this:
    xkit.
    Seems like this is xkit.xyz's dongle.
    I LOVED their RCM jig, it's the BEST I've come across, even better than SX pro's... I'm wondering how good this is now.

OneForAll likes this.
  8. bundat

bundat ¿

Jul 25, 2018
    Antarctica
    More things I noticed about xkit.xyz's dongle from these listings:
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...NS-Shorter-Injector-JIG-kits/32922843755.html
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/RCM...NS-Shorter-Injector-JIG-kits/32920740333.html

This was unexpected... so it's internally the same as NS Atmosphere.

BUT these two listings above, BOTH have this in the description:
    Not sure if it is just them being cheap and not accepting returns/replacements, but if it's true what they say, it's concerning how it's not like other dongles that can be used on ANY nonpatched Switch in RCM mode.

OneForAll likes this.
  9. OneForAll

OneForAll Member

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2018
    Australia
    Perhaps they are referring to SX OS for the one console thing?

10. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 23, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Anyone could make a dongle that used the same method for updating payload, it doesn't mean they are the same.

But they could be the same.

OneForAll likes this.
  11. solitaire4eva

solitaire4eva GBAtemp Regular

Apr 12, 2014
    United States
    Parts Unknown
    I ordered the original dongle from the first post and it took 25 days to be delivered lol. Seems they changed the color of the case to solid black so no more see through. The Jig is high quality, it put my 3D printed one to shame. The current price on the original listing is now $23!

12. axeon73

axeon73 Member

Newcomer
    May 9, 2010
    United States
    Got mine a few days ago. It doesn't seem to auto-reset itself after copying a file over. For example, copied their ReiNX uf2 to the dongle, but it doesn't reset, so ejected it. Then copy ReiNX bin and stuff to root of SD card. Vol + and Power gets one green flash, followed by a longer green flash on the dongle, then nothing. :unsure:

13. zenamez

zenamez GBAtemp Fan

Sep 7, 2016
    This one mentions you can swap payloads via that button (also supports up to 6 payloads at a time) - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/fre...reak-bulit-in-3-payloads-for/32922234542.html

Also the same one I bought but am still waiting for it to appear. Bought it as a backup mostly (and for the nicer looking jig as my 3D printed one is looking shabby) as I'll be using a SwitchMe primarily. No mention of "No refunds" on that seller's page either so could be a better one to go for.

OneForAll likes this.
  14. Jonhy

Jonhy GBAtemp Regular

May 22, 2016
    United States
    If anyone is looking for this dongle, you can get it for $6.25 USD shipped on Ebay, with PayPal.

[​IMG]

https://www.ebay.com/itm/263949929335

Just use the code PERKMEUP at shopping cart page. Site wide, so if you have any other dongle you want to buy, then go for it, but this is the cheapest.

Last edited by Jonhy, Sep 29, 2018
    OneForAll likes this.
  15. OneForAll

OneForAll Member

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2018
    Australia
    Has anyone even tried this out?
    Is it any good?

16. Jonhy

Jonhy GBAtemp Regular

May 22, 2016
    United States
    I haven't, these are fairly new to the rcm injector scene. A lot of people just recently got the (barely older) white and clear ones.

This one supports 3 custom payloads according to the manual, which seems pretty cool. Also not worried to spend 6 dollars + PP protection. I'll update you guys.

OneForAll likes this.
  17. gizmomelb

Jul 13, 2006
    Australia
    tells me the code cannot be applied to my order.

18. OneForAll

OneForAll Member

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2018
    Australia
    The code is only for eBay US.
    It can only be used with accounts that were made on eBay US.

19. gizmomelb

Jul 13, 2006
    Australia
    yes, I have an ebay US account.. but it's still not working

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted