Nintendo-Power-1.jpg

Enjoy

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God, this looks awful. The graphics are so incredibly bland. For a game with such style as Cave Story you'd think they'd do more than your basic "put in 2.5D" crap. You'd think they'd choose some nice style for it but obviously not.

Don't even bother supporting this crappy version of the game, go buy the DSiWare or WiiWare ones if you want to pay for a version of Cave Story that isn't atrocious looking.

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just hope this game will have a worldwide release I really like that game.
HEY NICALIS! EUROPE EXIST BRING THAT GAME ON DSIWARE, AND DON'T FORGET OUR JAPANESE FRIENDS FOR BOTH WIIWARE AND DSIWARE.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
First and third screenshots looks like early development, second looks more finished. Remember that the screenshiots given when a game is still in development often don't reflect what the final product looks like, and the second screenshot is of one of the earlier areas in the game.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
First and third screenshots looks like early development, second looks more finished. Remember that the screenshiots given when a game is still in development often don't reflect what the final product looks like, and the second screenshot is of one of the earlier areas in the game.
Yea it really does look like first built/early development and the fact that it a scan.

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
God, this looks awful. The graphics are so incredibly bland. For a game with such style as Cave Story you'd think they'd do more than your basic "put in 2.5D" crap. You'd think they'd choose some nice style for it but obviously not.

Don't even bother supporting this crappy version of the game, go buy the DSiWare or WiiWare ones if you want to pay for a version of Cave Story that isn't atrocious looking.

Stop trolling, this is an EXTREMELY early beta..

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
At the very least, looking forward to seeing where they go with it. The fact that Pixel is very much involved makes me feel it's going to turn out well.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Go for worldwide release (cmon just release the US version in EU if nothing else). That's what it should be about

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brian10122 said:
Guild McCommunist said:

Stop trolling, this is an EXTREMELY early beta..

I'm not trolling, people are always like "Oh, it's just early screenshots!" and stuff like that. It's press released information. I should be able to criticize it and criticize this version of the game for taking away a lot of the "pizazz" in the original.

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Guild McCommunist said:
I should be able to criticize it and criticize this version of the game for taking away a lot of the "pizazz" in the original.
Of course you are able to, but it still makes you look like an idiot.
You could have said, that the remake doesn't look that good, yet and that you won't get it if they don't massively improve it.
Instead you jumped to conclusions and said that the game is already ruined.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ehhh I'm skeptical but at the very least if they screw this up we still have the original on dsi ware so honestly we don't have much to lose here
laugh.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
M[u said:
ddy]
Guild McCommunist said:
I should be able to criticize it and criticize this version of the game for taking away a lot of the "pizazz" in the original.
Of course you are able to, but it still makes you look like an idiot.
You could have said, that the remake doesn't look that good, yet and that you won't get it if they don't massively improve it.
Instead you jumped to conclusions and said that the game is already ruined.

The fact is if they actually fuck up Cave Story's gameplay then that takes REAL talent. The gameplay is golden, odds are unless they give it a control scheme that has buttons it'll be a fantastic game.

But a lot of what made the original good was the graphics and soundtrack. Yeah yeah yeah, "graphics don't make gameplay", but it was a lot of fun to play it in 8-bit glory.

There's absolutely no reason to buy this version of the game when it looks worse and sounds worse than, odds are, a much cheaper (and better) DSiWare version (and I thought DSiWare was transferable to the 3DS).

QUOTE(Rydian @ Mar 7 2011, 10:12 PM)
http://www.google.com/search?q=judging+a+b...+it's+cover

Except I already read the book and it's like they're adding a really poor filter over all of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr