T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Rumored New Castlevania DS Screen Hint At Wii Connectivity.
Surprised no one has posted this yet, I did a search and found nothing.

nvc7781.png

Theres question about their authenticity. Look pretty real to me and we all know theres a game due this year.
My next must have game. Hope the 360 rumor is true also!

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Looks awesome! I just can't wait till the next Castlevania comes out for the DS.
However.. The HP/MP bars look funny to me.

~Nero

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Looks real to me, but is that a date under the status bars? It also seems to have less anime style character art(which is a good thing for Castlevania)

laminaatplaat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I lol at the creator of fake pics for throwing his life time away.

I lol at the creators of Castlevania that they found a gameconcept that I think is stupid as hell

but soooo much people like, chapeau!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Those screens look fake, but... a female protagonist... not a bad idea.

Now, when is this out?
rofl2.gif

That's actually what make me think it could be a fake.

Koji Igarashi removed some games from the official Chronology to make the story more consistent.
He also removed Castlevania legends, because he don't like the idea a Belmont with the power to defeat darkness could be a woman (Sonia).

It can be a second character like in PoR, but not a belmont.

Maybe this character is not a Belmont either, so that's not fake pictures.

About the pictures :
- The top screen when on conversation is a copy of other Castlevania. They could have improved a little bit.
- I don't know why the date have to be written. I don't think it's time travel (I think there's no story between 1999 and 2035). it could be work in progress hint for developers.
- Looks like she is starting a new map level on the third picture. The map doesn't match the bottom screen (there's a roof on the game screen but not on the map), and there is no dot to show the player on the map. Ok it's useless complaining comments
rolleyes.gif

Anyway, if it is a fake, the one who made it spent a lot of time to create the background and characters on second screen
lecture.gif

Edit : Can someone give the title name (the red part) in japanese and it's english translation ?
Thank you.

edit2 :
ok, found it on Kotaku comment :
Title : The Stolen Seal

RENTAHERO1Agreed on the title translation ("The Stolen Seal" for ?????? "ubawareta kokuin").
My translation of the second panel is slightly different though: "Shanoa: Now you'll experience the ceremony to make your body suitable for Dominus."

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Just to slam the nail in the coffin: no Konami copyright note on the menu screen
tongue.gif
(boot up Portrait of Ruin or Dawn of Sorrow, you'll see what I mean) And they don't use that weird shrinking text effect on the scrolly menus.

Sorry Thug, much as we'd all love some news of the next Castlevania I'm not convinced this is it.
smile.gif

soliunasm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to slam the nail in the coffin: no Konami copyright note on the menu screen
tongue.gif
(boot up Portrait of Ruin or Dawn of Sorrow, you'll see what I mean) And they don't use that weird shrinking text effect on the scrolly menus.

Sorry Thug, much as we'd all love some news of the next Castlevania I'm not convinced this is it.
smile.gif
Production demos usually don't have trademarks till debut or release.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Koji Igarashi removed some games from the official Chronology to make the story more consistent.
He also removed Castlevania legends, because he don't like the idea a Belmont with the power to defeat darkness could be a woman (Sonia).

Yeah, but didn't he remove Bloodlines from the chronological timeline and then make Portrait of Ruin which references Bloodlines?

dmonkey21

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hmmm... take a look at the picture with the dialogue. Judging from the farthest right picture, it seems that the black haired woman is supposed to be the protagonist. However, In almost all of the Castlevania games I've played (GBA + DS) only, the main character always is shown on the right in dialogue scenes. Also, when entering a room with a cutscene, it ALWAYS seems like you enter from the left, and the camera is focused on your character. However the woman is on the right and the camera is focused on the male character.

Bitbyte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
PLEASE give us back the old art director. I hate the new animu crap.

Check the girl. That's not anime at all. Compare it with Portrait of Ruin and it's clear to see that it's seemingly a new art style. Hope it's the same art style as the GBA games
smile.gif
. Those characters actually added to the story, in Portrait of Ruin the guy looks soft as hell and the rest of the characters also don't seem very interesting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr