New BBc TV show, "Merlin"

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Midna, Oct 29, 2008.

Oct 29, 2008

New BBc TV show, "Merlin" by Midna at 3:30 AM (1,056 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Midna
    OP

Banned Midna Banned

Albania
    Anyone watching that new BBC show, "merlin"? It's really good! I've been grabbing the torrents recently and I'm hooked. Google BBC Merlin if you don't know what it is.

2. jabjab

Member jabjab GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Yeah i watch it - its really cheesy but that makes it all the more fun - been running for 5 or 6 weeks now in UK.

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Considering the garbage the bbc usually pumps out I think it is pretty good. Been watching it on TV when I get the chance (about the only time I watch TV these days too).

Accurate (in as much as it can be seeing as the whole story is a legend) it is not but fun it is.

4. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    I watched the first episode and I expected it to be watered down wank like Robin Hood but I did really like it. I've not seen the ret of the episodes as I'm never in when they're on, I forget about the repeats and I forget about them being on demand.

Will probably download the rest but I'm trying to catch up on other programs too.

5. dice

Former Staff dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

United Kingdom
    yeah use iplayer hadrian [​IMG]

6. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    I really like it [​IMG] It manages to not take itself too seriously, while not coming across as tacky (which is where Robin Hood slipped a bit). And it's brilliant to actually have something good on a Saturday for a change (I don't give a toss about programs like X Factor and Strictly, load of crap if you ask me).

Wish they'd stop buggering around with the timeslot though, it's been on at a different time every single week so far!

7. ZenZero

Member ZenZero GBATEMP's regular arse.

United Kingdom
    i started to watch it but then i got bored - tried to watch again on iplayer but couldnt get into it.

not as good as robin hood doctor who or primeval though

8. quim69

Member quim69 GBAtemp Fan

Andorra
    primeval and doctor who were awful imo.

The appeal of robin hood is just how tacky it is - we've had a million gritty/dark adaptations of robin hood; a new take on it was sorely needed. The second series was a little poor I thought, but I'll still watch the third series when it airs.

I'll start to watch merlin when all episodes have shown (I don't watch TV, and I can't be doing with watching episodes a week apart).