New batch of 3ds will be on 11.3 fw

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by comput3rus3r, Feb 11, 2017.

?

Do you think any store will restock 3ds's with older firmware?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    55.0%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. I have a private 11.3 a9lh hack

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. comput3rus3r
    OP

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    The next time your local store restocks new 3ds's they will be on latest firmware. There's a reason why stores have been sold out for months and it's because nintendo has stopped shipping 3ds's in preparation of the new firmware. If you happen to see one at a store now you better buy it quick.

2. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    Stores around me, still have a huge stock of 3DS. I'm about to go pick up a new galaxy one in a few. :D

3. comput3rus3r
    OP

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    Where do you live?

4. froggestspirit

froggestspirit D/P/Pt Demix Guy

Jul 28, 2011
    United States
    Or maybe to make room for the Switch

5. comput3rus3r
    OP

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    There's none within 100 miles of where I live in south florida

6. Majickhat55

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    I live in Va Beach.

7. comput3rus3r
    OP

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    Maybe there's just too many people in Miami.

8. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Ok, I am just going to say that stores are unlikely to get systems set on 11.3. Most systems are pre-made weeks to even months in advanced and are only set to the OFW of that time. From there they are stored in the company's warehouse, then sent to the store as they need them. It's extremely unlikely that you will be seeing any 3DS with 11.3 hitting the shelves anytime soon.

MichiS97 and Majickhat55 like this.
  9. Majickhat55

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    Well we have "limited stock" but all the targets, bestbuys, walmarts etc around here have more than a few, but not a full case or anything. Plus, you can still order them online for the same price from the distributor and not pay scalper prices. I just bought my galaxy at Target, $200 normal price.

10. steocullen91

steocullen91 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 29, 2017
    Dublin
    Shouldn't matter if they're on 11.3 now anyway the new payload is out.

11. Majickhat55

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    Lol that doesn't negate the fact that the NS module requires the most recent NATIVE_FIRM to load the HomeMenu regardless. Downgrading for now, is patched period. Well you can downgrade the NF all you want but your DS isn't going to boot. So yeah, you can have HomeBrew on 11.3 but you can't install CFW on it from stock.

gnmmarechal and comput3rus3r like this.
  12. comput3rus3r
    OP

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    All those stores in my area are sold out and worse if you go to buy online from say Walmart it just links you to 3rd party sellers with jacked up prices. N3dsxl average is $300 right now.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Well local stores here been sold out since November that's 5 months ago. Pretty sure I'll be seeing 11.3 on shelves.

13. Majickhat55

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    WalMart online always uses those 3rd party sellers unless you do "pick up at store" which is never available on limited quantity. I hate shopping online at Walmart Lol. It's Bestbuy or Target for me. I won't eve buy online from GameStop because they have a history of cancelling purchases last minute for no reason.

14. vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb That hardmod guy....

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Acworth, GA
    This will push for bootloader/sighax, thus putting hardmod right back in the game again. ;)

proflayton123, daxtsu and Majickhat55 like this.
  15. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    The Big N hasn't stopped the supply for new firmware updates. It just takes forever to get shit from Nintendo and they always short stores.
    I would know, I was manager over electronics. I would have to order more 3DS's on a regular basis. It didn't matter how many I ordered, I would still get like 4 of them in. And they always took a few days longer than my other orders.
    As well that would be horrible marketing for Nintendo to intentionally short a supply for firmware updates. Not to mention if they were doing that, you should have seen the store floated when 11.2 was released.
    Nintendo isn't shorting the supply for 11.3. If anything the stores in area are most likely dealing with crappy management. You have to order the product for it to be on the shelf. If you aren't ordering it, Nintendo won't send it to you.
    Seriously, understanding this shit was literally my job

16. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    Hardmods are still useful for backup and recovery purposes anyhow. It's hard to live without. :P

vb_encryption_vb likes this.
  17. comput3rus3r
    OP

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    My friend works in electronics in Walmart and they are not getting any. Been sold out since black friday. And that's just one store, doesn't explain why the target 1 mile away has been sold out too or the best buy. So that rules out bad management not ordering them.

18. steocullen91

steocullen91 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 29, 2017
    Dublin
    I actually forgot all about the NATIVE_FIRM. Ignore that so and grab them 11.2 models lol.

19. vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb That hardmod guy....

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Acworth, GA
    Most people don't understand the purpose of a hardmod. Seriously, I'll get orders for a hardmod, install it, than they ask what the hell the port is and what the adapter is for...

gamesquest1 and daxtsu like this.
  20. Disco Inferno

Disco Inferno Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2016
    United States