New at this. Gateway question and downgrade question for 2DS

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by vivawiredd, Jan 28, 2015.

1. vivawiredd
    OP

vivawiredd Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2015
    United States
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    Is it possible to downgrade a 2DS on 9.4.0?

Also, can I have an estimate for when the Gateway cards will support 9.4. I'm new at this and I didn't know that it wasn't wise to upgrade the firmware.

2. AtlanticBit

AtlanticBit Yeh, fuck this

Jan 15, 2015
    Poland
    DEEP IN SPACE
    No it is not. 2DS never had a 4.5 version. If you try to you WILL brick your 2DS(or you won't but the os won't work properly)

3. LinkmstrYT

LinkmstrYT ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Dec 16, 2013
    United States
    You wanted to see where I live? You stalker...
    It's possible to downgrade/restore if you had a NAND backup of your 2DS before it updated to 9.4.0 and had your 2DS hardmodded.

Other than that, you're out of luck. Gateway only supports v4.X-9.2. You may as well buy another 2DS/3DS or get a Sky3DS.

4. vivawiredd
    OP

vivawiredd Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2015
    United States
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    Yea, I can't buy another 2Ds because I bought a refurbished one from Nintendo :( and the SKY3DS doesn't support Pokemon X

5. johnbus

johnbus GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2014
    United States
    As someone with a red button version, I have no idea what you are talking about. It works fine on mine.

Keep in mind that Sky3DS is reliant on the template, which needs to be updated for every new release. I'm guessing at one point you heard that it wasn't in the newest template, even though it is. I haven't heard anything about it not being supported, so that's my best guess.

6. vivawiredd
    OP

vivawiredd Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2015
    United States
    Ann Arbor, Michigan

Ok, I'm going to buy the Sky3DS, but the blue button version though.