New App: NKit - Restore, Shrink and Preserve Disc Images in Playable (Formerly SWiiT)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by nanook, Mar 11, 2019.

1. johnsanc

johnsanc Member

Newcomer
    Sep 27, 2016
    United States
    I cannot reproduce either of the issues you mentioned.

Twin Snakes sounds like it would be easy to reproduce, but it seems to work fine for me.

My hashes for my nkit.gcz for disc #1 of Metal Gear Solid - The Twin Snakes (USA) are:

CRC32: 02AB12F2
    MD5: 802754AC3399C731A03C4283BB537629
    SHA-1: 3FF0B61C289A9E13617EC43337FD0B23D65077D5

Luigi's Mansion (USA) I have:

CRC32: 0B0C339D
    MD5: 992D1243793B8446D1C3C5905E2D8DCB
    SHA-1: E7A7BBCFF08C144A7C98D56470AB3E5CA5A0A0E8

For what it's worth the debug log looks the same for the full iso vs nkit.gcz... If your hashes do not match mine I suggest using nkitrestore to try to rebuild the iso and ensure you have a good full iso that matches the hashes from redump.org first. Also make sure you are using v0.5 instead of v0.4 since Nanook fixed a bug with GCZ.

Last edited by johnsanc, Mar 25, 2019
    nanook likes this.
  2. SpiffyJUNIOR

SpiffyJUNIOR GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 13, 2016
    United States
    US
    Yeah, your MD5 for MGS is different than mine.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Fixed. Thanks for the help.

nanook likes this.
  3. PawsofHorror

PawsofHorror Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2019
    Greece
    That would be awesome, thanks for considering making an android port/version

4. nanook
    OP

nanook Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2008
    NKit Wii is converting back and forth 1:1. Still work to be done testing and adding all the CRC stuff.

5. qwertimus

qwertimus Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2017
    Australia
    Melbourne
    Um, I could be doing something wrong but, how do I stop NKitRestore from creating .nkit versions of good images; isn't that what NKitConvert is for? I just want to quickly verify whether the iso is complete/good or attempt to unscrub; the same process I used with SWiiT's swuu.

Last edited by qwertimus, Apr 3, 2019
  6. Shadowplay

Shadowplay Member

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2019
    United States
    Open the config file. In there you can change the output format to just iso

nanook likes this.
  7. Shadowplay

Shadowplay Member

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2019
    United States
    I'm getting this during processing of a lot of PAL WBFS files. Few NTSC WBFS files also. But mainly PAL.
    "!! CRC does not match verified CRC - This could be a bug, please report it"
    Is there any info I can provide to help? or just wait for a later release. Noticed there was some todo item to look into and wasn't sure if any of them might address this.

Excellent app by the way. Look forward to it's evolution.

8. Shadowplay

Shadowplay Member

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2019
    United States
    Also any advice on what these errors mean?
    unrecoverable H3 errors (FST not parsed)

9. johnsanc

johnsanc Member

Newcomer
    Sep 27, 2016
    United States
    I assume you are trying to rebuild wii wbfs files to a full iso? It sounds like you have some bad wbfs files where the data in corrupt and cannot be recovered. Does the same issue happen with SWiiT (the older version before GC support was added and renamed to NKit).

https://gbatemp.net/threads/new-wii-unscrubber-swiit.511181/

10. Shadowplay

Shadowplay Member

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2019
    United States
    I ended up converting about 350 wbfs files to iso with WBM and re-ran them through nkitrestore. Ended up with about 22 ISO's restored. I ran them through again and no additional ISO's were restored. Next I ran them through swuu. This surprisingly restored 116 of them. Not a big deal as most are PAL and I have good clean US versions of most. Interesting converting to a different format managed to fix some of them in a way. I'm no expert by any means, but willing to provide anything to help support the cause.

PawsofHorror likes this.
  11. nanook
    OP

nanook Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2008
    Thanks for reporting this. I'm interested in knowing what's changed. Nkit should restore everything Swuu can. Can you pm me the names of some or all that wouldn't restore and otheres that did with swuu. Thanks

PawsofHorror likes this.
  12. nanook
    OP

nanook Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2008
    Thinking about it a bit more. Did you have the same recovery files for each app? Are they a good set too? If you have partitions extracted from scrubbed images etc you can get non matching results.

13. SpiffyJUNIOR

Apr 13, 2016
    United States
    US
  14. SpiffyJUNIOR

Apr 13, 2016
    United States
    US
    nanook likes this.
  15. nanook
    OP

nanook Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2008
    Still forging away... I've been busy restructuring and rewriting the whole suite (not the format related code though). It's been a huge task but it's all coming together now. The apps will be renamed and new ones added also. I will be looking for some keen testers willing to test as many of the config file and file conversion combinations too.

The code will also be released once it's complete and stable :)

SpiffyJUNIOR likes this.
  16. Vereor_Nox

Vereor_Nox Newbie

Newcomer
    May 4, 2019
    United States
    Hi, I have a question. I Have a few scrubbed wii iso games and want to restore them to their original size. Do I need the partitions for each game to be able to unscrub them?

Sorry, Im kind of new to this whole scrub thing.

Thanks

17. nanook
    OP

nanook Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2008
    Some scrubbed images contain Update partitions some don't. The best thing to do is run RecoveryExtract on everything you have then attempt to Restore them. You may get all you need. If not, the app should tell you the CRC of the missing partition (included at the end of the update partition filename).

The new apps have totally new text output. Things should be a lot more obvious :)

18. tswntk

tswntk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 6, 2012
    Switzerland
    At this rate, if you eventually come up with 10 different ideas/improvements, are you going to release 10 differently named programs?

Last edited by tswntk, May 6, 2019
  19. nanook
    OP

nanook Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2008
    I think I just discovered the cause of this while adding scrubbed iso/wbfs to nkit preservation (used for customs too). :)

20. Mjfdms

Mjfdms Newbie

Newcomer
    May 29, 2019
    Portugal
    Nanook, are testers still needed, ive got lots of free time and im currently organizing my nintendo collection, all of wich are hand curated, clean files checked with dats from renown sources. Feel free to contact me.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Currently I'm testing the wux custom dats from dats.site and until now they all correspond.
    Wii U games are from raw disc dumps and then compressed to wux. They all match the custom dat.
    Also working on GC titles with NKit custom dats from dats.site, until now they also correspond perfectly with the dat hashs.

Last edited by Mjfdms, May 29, 2019
    nanook likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted