Android New Android phone!

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
So...My wife and I are taking advantage of the free phone weekend at T-mobile and She's getting the G2, and I'm getting the Mytouch 4g. Is there anything that I should know beforehand?

I haven't had an android phone since the G1, so what all has changed, and what should I take advantage of?

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I didn't post yet because I wasn't sure, but I think he's referring to the difference between Android 1.6 (from the G1) to 2.2/2.3 that we currently have. If I'm right, then tethering built in (no need for third party apps), flash 10.1 support, a better homescreen/UI, HSDPA support (3.5G) and a few other things that I haven't discovered yet since rooting my G1.

These things will be discovered as you play around with the phone anyway, so no need to worry about it.

xerces

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If its not too late, get the G2. Thats a far better phone than the mytouch4g.

I have a nexus one and LOVE it. What kind of questions do you have? I've rooted all types of phones... maybe i can help?

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
My wife got the G2, and I got the mytouch 4G, and I have to say i'm happy with my decision...

What I was asking is...Yeah, what the differences are with the latest updates with Android.

Also, what apps are essential? I have Juice Saver, and Angry Birds, but thats about it.

Um...I also had relative ease in rooting my G1, but I have found that the MyTouch 4G is one of those NAND locked phones, so how would I go about rooting this time around?

Synchromatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
My wife got the G2, and I got the mytouch 4G, and I have to say i'm happy with my decision...

What I was asking is...Yeah, what the differences are with the latest updates with Android.

Also, what apps are essential? I have Juice Saver, and Angry Birds, but thats about it.

Um...I also had relative ease in rooting my G1, but I have found that the MyTouch 4G is one of those NAND locked phones, so how would I go about rooting this time around?

The MyTouch 4G and G2 are both NAND-locked devices, but both can be rooted with gfree.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well for apps i'd recommend pandora, last.fm, slacker radio, doggcatcher, movies (flixster), google shopper, shopsavvy, imdb, buzzbox, skype, tapatalk, facebook, dolphin hd, watchdog (don't use a task manager except this to see if an app is using crazy resources), kongregate arcade, beats, bubble blast 2, slice it!, labyrinth, squibble, rocket bunnies, zuma's revenge (u might have to search for that online, i think it got taken down, make sure to get the right version too), fruit ninja, gameboid, rom gripper, jewels, unblock me free, candy farm, farm tower, wordfeud, gem miner, tank hero, pew pew, google goggles, dropbox, espn scorecenter, AndChat, Andy-83, evernote, the weather channel, dictionary.com, urban dictionary, wapedia, audiogalaxy, music playerpro/winamp/music player of your choice, mvideoplayer, tunein radio, gtunes, soundcloud, soundhound, skifta, ringtone maker, VEVO, tubemate (search it online, got taken off market), youversion bible, aldiko premium, documents to go

that enough?

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
most phones can be unbricked and unless you screw something up when following the directions your phone should be perfectly safe, i've done a ton of crap to my phone and reset it back to stock at least twice

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sbeve