New aerial photo shows full view of Super Nintendo World theme park from above

r1zZXGS.jpg

While the opening of Super Nintendo World might not be as soon as some may have hoped, due to the ongoing COVID-19 problem delaying the Tokyo 2020 Olympics--the park's planned opening window, the construction of the new park is certainly coming along despite that. An Instagram user has captured an aerial shot of the theme park, giving an idea of the scale of some of the attractions, and what the area will look like when it does open. In the past, a handful of select photographs were taken from above hovering outside the park, showing off an under-construction level flagpole surrounded by walls obscuring everything else below. In this latest picture, we get to see all sorts of attractions, like Princess Peach's castle, Bowser's own castle, pyramids, warp pipes, and other details. It's not clear when Univeral Studios' Super Nintendo World will be open to the public, but the date might not be that far off.

:arrow: Source

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
That looks great :D

But I hope at least half of it are trampolines and bouncy castles, otherwise what's the point? :ha:

Reactions: x65943

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

yoyoyo69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I mean for a sort of reference, there does seem to be some sort of bus in to the top right.. Doesn't seem that small when you use it as a scale.

The bus is what I used for reference, it's hard to tell if it's a full length coach, or the shorter variety (I used the full coach length to gauge). Even using the coach, it looks small. Big for a park, but small for a theme park. Great for Nintendo / Mario die hards though.

D

Deleted User

What's missing is a Mario Kart track going through and around it, and getting to ride on an actual kart.

Missed opportunity.

I've seen real life Mario Karts a few times in Tokyo so I wouldn't be surprised if they were to add a course going to the theme park in the future.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I get that it is Tokyo and land prices there are "your great grandchildren will be thankful for starting their mortgage off" but I am going with the others in that appearing small for a theme park, scale being provided by the car and trees and it not exactly being long enough for perspective to be a real problem.

I am sure someone got paid handsomely to consider sight lines just about everywhere in the park to make it feel both more open and always stimulating, maybe even did a bunch of VR tests on the matter. Indeed I spun the image around, corrected for angle and then ran a 120 degree triangle around the place at various pipe entrances and exits and it looks like someone knew what they were doing (most of them are quite low as well so you will always be lookup up at the green backing board rather than past that into the city beyond). Can't tell from this resolution if they have forced perspective like Disney do* but would not be surprised at that either.

*if you are looking at the castle the streets are not straight and narrow which tricks you into thinking it is bigger than it is.

Should I find myself there one day I might give it a go but I am not going to go out of my way for it.

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get that it is Tokyo and land prices there are "your great grandchildren will be thankful for starting their mortgage off" but I am going with the others in that appearing small for a theme park, scale being provided by the car and trees and it not exactly being long enough for perspective to be a real problem.

I am sure someone got paid handsomely to consider sight lines just about everywhere in the park to make it feel both more open and always stimulating, maybe even did a bunch of VR tests on the matter. Indeed I spun the image around, corrected for angle and then ran a 120 degree triangle around the place at various pipe entrances and exits and it looks like someone knew what they were doing (most of them are quite low as well so you will always be lookup up at the green backing board rather than past that into the city beyond). Can't tell from this resolution if they have forced perspective like Disney do* but would not be surprised at that either.

*if you are looking at the castle the streets are not straight and narrow which tricks you into thinking it is bigger than it is.

Should I find myself there one day I might give it a go but I am not going to go out of my way for it.

it’s a section to Universal Studios Theme Park the one in Florida will be the huge one :) with more room to grow also one in L.A coming to you in 2023 :yay:
Now will people show up in cat suits is the big question :rofl2:

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure when ther looks bigger and loads to see and do - the aerial shot not doing it proper justice
Actually they're right it is sort of small. You can compare it by looking at the various cars and busses in the photo.
Still looks like a fun place to spend a day!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Switching my home routing/firewall solution from pfsense to OPNsense. Boy how I hate networking...