New Acekard 2i sticker "DSi(XL)&3DS Compatible" genuine?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by turtle10, Mar 28, 2019.

1. turtle10
    OP

turtle10 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2019
    United Kingdom
    The Acekard 2i picture on nds-card shows it looking like this:

with the "DSi(XL)&3DS Compatible" sticker. Anything to worry about?

I of course remember Acekard 2i cards looking like this:
    Maybe they changed it, but I assumed they stopped production before 3DS release. Just asking here to be sure.

Last edited by turtle10, Mar 28, 2019
  2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    No, they kept updating it for 3DS until it was finally permanently blocked in 4.4. Nintendo added some hardware check that they weren't able to bypass.
    I think my AK2i had that DSI/3DS compatible text as well. Must be legit, cause AKAIO ran fine.

3. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolf-husky™ definitely not Lilith

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Many moons away
    Well, actually there are 1:1 clones that are being made by different people. They are technically legit Ak2is, as they are using legit hardware, but not made by the Ak team anymore.

Vultra and The Real Jdbye like this.
  4. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    I bought this cart in preparation for ntrboot's release, and it works just fine with AKAiO. It has the counterfeit protection sticker on the back as well, but I've heard that that doesn't really mean anything these days since the site used to check the number no longer exists.

Vultra likes this.
  5. Vultra

Vultra Member

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2019
    United States
    It’s interesting to note that your AceKard had the anti piracy sticker even though there are no methods to verify it anymore, where did you get your AceKard from?

6. Landon360

Landon360 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2017
    United States
    where can i get one of these copies? my acekard died in the washing machine and i still have the sd card and a backup of it, and i want to be able to go back to homebrewing and other stuff, have taken a long break since the death of my acekard :( it was an earlier batch too, hw44.

7. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    I got it from nds-card. From what I've been told, it's not a clone, and possibly came from old stock.

Vultra likes this.
  8. Vultra

Vultra Member

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2019
    United States
    I was looking everywhere for an original AceKard and after some decent amount of research I ordered one from nds-card, I’ve also heard from others that they come from old stock so I’ll be glad to have one in my collection. Thanks for the info!