New Acekard 2 - Do I Need To Update Firmware

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Slushie, Sep 11, 2008.

Sep 11, 2008
  1. Slushie
    OP

Newcomer Slushie Newbie

Canada
    Hey All,

Thanks to the help of some members here, I ordered an Acekard 2 a couple weeks ago. I got it this Monday, and I got today and tomorrow off work, so I wanted to start trying it out.

Anyway, Do I need to update the firmware on it before I start doing anything with it? Or is the firmware that comes with it fine?
    If I should update it, could someone tell me how to do so.

I'm gonna go look at the homebrew stuff I can get for it now. Thanks for any help, and again the previous help.

2. Joey90

Member Joey90 Not around any more

United Kingdom
    You don't get a firmware with it...

You need to download some firmware (I would recommend AKAIO - it's the sticky [​IMG] ) and put it in the root of your microSD card (should be akmenu4.nds and __akaio directory)

Then you can put your games either on the the root of your card or in any number of folders [​IMG]

3. Slushie
    OP

Newcomer Slushie Newbie

Canada
    Thanks for the reply, I download AKAIO from here, and my Acekard works great. It's so amazing what I can do with it, it blows me away.

Also, without wanting to make a new topic for a basic question, can someone please tell me if there is a way to go back to the AKAIO/Acekard main menu without shutting off the power and turning the DS back on?

Thanks.

4. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    You have to turn on soft reset in the menu, and then use A+B+X+Y+Down all at the same time in-game to return to the menu. It won't work with all games, but should work with most.

ETA: I'm wrong. See Joey90's post below. Shows how often I use soft reset.

-Bri

5. o RedSheLL x

Member o RedSheLL x GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Soft Reset works fine for popular games I play, New Super Mario Bros., Mario Kart, Zelda, and so on. But it works on ATON of games, just sometimes in a million years it has an error and it tries to reset but freezes.

6. Joey90

Member Joey90 Not around any more

United Kingdom
    L+R+A+B+down [​IMG]

Try to use it in a static menu for more stability, but it should work anywhere...

7. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Sorry! Listen to Joey90!

-Bri