New 4.5 3DS, transfer old things to it - how?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Thirty3Three, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Thirty3Three
    OP

Thirty3Three Musician Member

Mar 22, 2013
    United States
    Wherever you want me, baby.
    Just checking, as I don't want to make a mistake and ruin anything. I want the new 3DS (4.5) to have the exact emunand (and all the downloads, nnid, etc.) which my current 4.5 3DS has. I'd need to do a system transfer between emunands, correct?

Step-by-step?

How would one go about doing this?

All I want is my current emunand on the new 3DS. I don't care if it's on the old one.

So yeah. Thanks!

PS. I extracted my current emunand. Can I just format an emunand partition on the new 3DS, then inject the current emunand? If I did, would I still have to do a system transfer? Just a bit confused on the steps. Thanks.

2. Neo Draven

Neo Draven End Boss of the Entire Internet

May 3, 2010
    United States
    I went through a very similar issue. I just upgraded today from a 4GB SDHC card to a 32GB SDHC as my big SD card.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-tool-release-and-support-thread.359239/

This link contains the EmuNAND tool that you will need.

Remove your SD card from your 3DS and plug it into your computer.

Run EmuNAND Tool, and it will automatically detect your EmuNAND partition. Click on 'Export EmuNAND', and choose where you want the EmuNAND.bin file saved to.

It will take about two minutes to dump your entire EmuNAND.bin, and should be around 950MB when finished. The program will not automatically alert you that it has completed, nor will it automatically close. Once it reads 100% and the green bar is no longer moving, you may safely close the program and remove your SD card.

While you are dumping your EmuNAND, place the new SD card inside your 3DS, boot into Gateway Mode while holding the L button, and Format EmuNAND.

When it completes, restart your 3DS and boot into Gateway Mode just to make sure.

If you have a bunch of corrupted files in your DCIM folder, format the new SD card that you just formatted EmuNAND on, copy the Launcher.dat file back to it, and test it again. As long as you can safely boot into GW firmware, you should be good to go.

After confirming that your new card can boot into GW 4.x on EmuNAND, plug your new SD card into your computer, use the EmuNAND tool again, and inject the EmuNAND.bin that you just created. Same thing, it will take about two minutes.

When it is complete, you should be able to boot into Gateway Mode, and have your old EmuNAND on your new card. You will need to redownload all of your eShop titles, and reapply any themes that you may have installed previously.

Good luck.

3. Thirty3Three
    OP

Mar 22, 2013
    United States
    Hey, thanks man! B)

Can I do a system transfer so that my NNID will be available on the new 3DS, instead of the old one? I really do appreciate the help!

4. Neo Draven

May 3, 2010
    United States
    You don't need to. I thought the same thing, and made that mistake before, too.

I went through this several months ago when I upgraded from a 3DS to a 3DSXL. Stupidly, I did not create an EmuNAND backup, and I could hardly sit there in a GameStop while I copied over my less-than-legal stuff off of my old 3DS to my new one.

I wound up having to call Nintendo, and had to ask them to manually transfer my files and settings to my new system. They verified my information and told me it would take up to three days, which it did. Finally, on the fourth day, I turned my system on, and was able to redownload everything.

I am not 100% sure if you will be able to take your EmuNAND from your old 3DS and put it on your new console. If you have the time, though, I know you can do a system transfer from one EmuNAND to another. I didn't have that option, so I can't tell you if it works or not.

No matter what, though, there IS a way for you to keep your NNID on your new system, even if you have to wait a few days.

5. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    you cant take the emunand from console A and transfer it to console B, but you can just do a system transfer from A to B, which will transfer all your stuff to the new 3ds, but you would need to do the normal emunand update procedure on the new replacement 3ds first

6. Thirty3Three
    OP

Mar 22, 2013
    United States

Ah! Thank you. Yeah, I've got two SD cards, both with 9.2 emunand on them. So, I can simply do a system transfer from old to new, then? I don't care what's on my old 3DS. I just want it all on my new one, haha!

7. Neo Draven

May 3, 2010
    United States
    Yup. EmuNAND to EmuNAND system transfers work exactly the same as they would SysNAND to SysNAND. I would've gone that route if the employees at GameStop would have looked the other way.

8. Thirty3Three
    OP

Mar 22, 2013
    United States
    So it now has emunand 9.x. I can't just inject the emunand?

9. Thirty3Three
    OP

Mar 22, 2013
    United States
    Getting a black screen when booting into gw mode.

10. Neo Draven

May 3, 2010
    United States
    If you have already injected your EmuNAND to the new EmuNAND, and it freezes when starting, format the SD card and copy the Launcher.dat back to the root of it.

I had a similar issue, where a DCIM folder was created with a bunch of corrupted files. Formatting the SD card did the trick. That won't touch your EmuNAND partition.

11. MelonGx

MelonGx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    emuNAND1 to emuNAND2

1. Enter BOTH emuNANDs' System Settings
    2. Do System Transfer
    3. If asking you to delete emuNAND1's all SD data, press No
    4. When the System Transfer is complete, CLOSE emuNAND2's Wi-Fi, then WITHDRAW emuNAND1 SD before you press the Initialization button. Then do the initialization - it will turn into black screen immediately, just power off it
    5. Meanwhile, your emuNAND2 is asked to continue finishing the System Transfer. PRESS B TO CANCEL AND DO THE GATEWAY MODE LOADING STEP otherwise you'll upgrade your SYsNAND!
    6. After successfully loading GW mode, it continues finishing the System Transfer. Re-open emuNAND2's Wi-Fi to complete it
    7. After everything finishing, COPY emuNAND1 SD's dbs/extdata/title to REPLACE emuNAND2 SD's