Sofiando

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I got a problem, I bought a New 3DSXL for cheap with an error message, I thought I could fix it but I can't. When I turn on the 3ds I got this: ”An error has occurred. Hold down the POWER Button to turn off the power, then turn it on and try again. For help, visit support.nintendo….”

- I checked the SD Card there is all the files of a hack, I even use this SD card to repair an error code on my old 3ds and it worked, so the files seems to be good (I can give some screens of the root)

- When I try to boot with SELECT or START it doesn't works
-Remove battery or SD Card doesn't works
-Replace boot.firm or boot.3dsx (files from 3ds.hacks.guide) doesn't works
-Disconnect Camera doesn't works
-Checked all the cables (even damaged something but fixed it…. uhhhh)

-When I turn on with A R L Up, I got backlight, a low sound (of the menu), blue and orange light, but no images and touchscreen doesn't works
-When I do A R L Up and I connect and disconnect the SD Card in the same time continously, I just got a blue light and blackscreens (without backlight or sound), a sleepmode?

I can't buy a R4/fLASHCARD for now, don't want to pay just for try or use once this card, but I got a fuctional old 3ds if that can help… but when I see the files on the SD Card I suspect that this has already been attempted

Thank you for reading me

Last edited by Sofiando,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Turn on the n3DSXL and hold the (SELECT) button with and without the microSD card inserted. Does the Luma3DS v#.# configuration appears?

If that screen does not show up, what most likely happened was that the previous owner uninstalled the custom firmware leaving it in the bricked state that it is in right now. The only way to fix this would be to rehack it using the ntrboot method.

If after the custom firmware is installed but the n3DSXL still fails to boot to HOME Menu, repair the 3DS firmware with CTRTransfer (Type D9) - CTRTransfer. Carefully read and follow the Instructions.

Even though you mentioned not being able to buy a compatible ntrboot DS flashcart at this moment, see my signature for options when it is possible to.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Sofiando

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Even though you mentioned not
able to buy a compatible ntrboot DS flashcart at this moment, see my signature for options when it is possible to.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think the CFW is uninstalled. There is also files about Ntrboot and CTRtransfert on this SD card... but ok I get it, seems to be no other way... I’ll get back to you soon
Thanks for your help! Have a nice day, see ya

Last edited by Sofiando,
Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Sofiando

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Turn on the n3DSXL and hold the (SELECT) button with and without the microSD card inserted. Does the Luma3DS v#.# configuration appears?

If that screen does not show up, what most likely happened was that the previous owner uninstalled the custom firmware leaving it in the bricked state that it is in right now. The only way to fix this would be to rehack it using the ntrboot method.

If after the custom firmware is installed but the n3DSXL still fails to boot to HOME Menu, repair the 3DS firmware with CTRTransfer (Type D9) - CTRTransfer. Carefully read and follow the Instructions.

Even though you mentioned not being able to buy a compatible ntrboot DS flashcart at this moment, see my signature for options when it is possible to.

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-08-01 152949 (2).png
    Annotation 2020-08-01 152949 (2).png
    169.8 KB · Views: 249
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sofiando said:
Heyy! I contacted for my bricked NEW3DSXLfew weeks ago
I bought an R4 as u recommanded and I did what I have to do… But the problem seems to be more serious… Even Ninentdo Homebrew needs a big brain, are u my man ? (I posted a screen on my topic). See yaa
Fuck.

Please tell me you backed up the SysNAND *.bin image before this outside troubleshooting occurred...

Whoever in Nintendo Homebrew discord instructed you to edit the NCSD header has made a grave error.
Your n3DSXL appears to have been involved in a 2.1.0 CTRTransfer downgrade where it didn't complete installation of the older A9LH custom firmware. If you received or bought that n3DSXL from a previous owner who did not supply a sysnand *.bin image, your n3DSXL is at risk of permanently losing its console unique files if you continue with further edits to the NAND / 3DS firmware.

This mess could have been have entirely avoided if you used CTRTransfer (Type D9); don't use it now because the missing CTRNAND partition (755.6 MB) needs to reappear or else the reflash will erase those unique files.

Edit 1 - The picture you posted was taken out of context. I'm reading the #3ds-assistance-1 conversation chat between you and their locals. No one there told you to edit the NCSD header, so apologies to anyone who I might have accused of any wrongdoing. Your n3DSXL was found with the [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND [2:] SYSNAND TWLN and [3:] SYSNAND TWLP already(?) missing once it was successfully ntrboot hacked.

Edit 2 - Still reading and catching up with the conversation chain. Yes, their advice to restore the sysnand *.bin image (which luckily came with the n3DSXL) was the correct course of action. It seems you got the n3DSXL up and running. Nice!

Welcome to 3DS homebrew / CFW. Have fun. :)

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: Sofiando

Sofiando

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Fuck.

Please tell me you backed up the SysNAND *.bin image before this outside troubleshooting occurred...

Whoever in Nintendo Homebrew discord instructed you to edit the NCSD header has made a grave error.
Your n3DSXL appears to have been involved in a 2.1.0 CTRTransfer downgrade where it didn't complete installation of the older A9LH custom firmware. If you received or bought that n3DSXL from a previous owner who did not supply a sysnand *.bin image, your n3DSXL is at risk of permanently losing its console unique files if you continue with further edits to the NAND / 3DS firmware.

This mess could have been have entirely avoided if you used CTRTransfer (Type D9); don't use it now because the missing CTRNAND partition (755.6 MB) needs to reappear or else the reflash will erase those unique files.

Edit 1 - The picture you posted was taken out of context. I'm reading the #3ds-assistance-1 conversation chat between you and their locals. No one there told you to edit the NCSD header, so apologies to anyone who I might have accused of any wrongdoing. Your n3DSXL was found with the [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND [2:] SYSNAND TWLN and [3:] SYSNAND TWLP already(?) missing once it was successfully ntrboot hacked.

Edit 2 - Still reading and catching up with the conversation chain. Yes, their advice to restore the sysnand *.bin image (which luckily came with the n3DSXL) was the correct course of action. It seems you got the n3DSXL up and running. Nice!

Welcome to 3DS homebrew / CFW. Have fun.

Thank your for your answeeer ! Hahaa, I'm glad you were able to follow this on the discord, it was so intense for me, a great experience! Yeaah, as you have seen my 3DS lives again :yaynds::toot: , I was lucky to have this backup in my external HDD, its like a miracle, thanks to God! I have to thank you beacause without your help and advices when I came to you, I probably couldn't saved this 3DS, I had already tried the assistance on discord without success, thanks a lot ! You were finally there at the beginning and at the end, I would have appreciate to have been able to talk to you more directly during the process. Maybe you should open a channel chat like this it would be easier to talk but nvm it's not my concern...

Takeee care, thanks to help people, seee youu next timeee ! Byee :D

Last edited by Sofiando,
Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night