Hardware New 3ds xl

claudekennilol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Toys R Us has the New 3ds XLs for $175 USD. I haven't seen any posted deals for black friday except for the New 3ds (non XL). I went ahead and bought one but don't know if I should open it or wait a week and a half in case there's a deal for cheaper.

My plan is to buy a new (New) 3ds and give my wife my 3ds XL (not new). I've preordered Pokemon Sun & Moon. I've read that the new pokemon take advantage of the better system specs, but will she have any issues playing it on an old 3ds xl?

p.s. good grief new vs not new is annoying..couldn't they have thought of a better name for the "1.5 gen" 3ds?

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
Toys R Us has the New 3ds XLs for $175 USD. I haven't seen any posted deals for black friday except for the New 3ds (non XL). I went ahead and bought one but don't know if I should open it or wait a week and a half in case there's a deal for cheaper.

My plan is to buy a new (New) 3ds and give my wife my 3ds XL (not new). I've preordered Pokemon Sun & Moon. I've read that the new pokemon take advantage of the better system specs, but will she have any issues playing it on an old 3ds xl?

p.s. good grief new vs not new is annoying..couldn't they have thought of a better name for the "1.5 gen" 3ds?

There is significant lag on O3DS but if she doesn't care, then you're good to go#

claudekennilol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Significant lag meaning what? The game takes a long time to boot? Or as in the game is noticeably choppy and there is obvious frame loss while playing?

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
Significant lag meaning what? The game takes a long time to boot? Or as in the game is noticeably choppy and there is obvious frame loss while playing?

In certain aspects, because Sun and Moon require extra ram to play the games, the O3DS proccesors doesn't have it unlike the N3DS. In things like double battles there is minor lag, but nothing too much, im playing it on O3DS XL and it doesn't bother me. A little choppy, but its fine

claudekennilol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good to know. Thanks.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the first 1/2 of my post? (i.e. whether or not I've got good chances of finding an N3DS XL cheaper than $175 UDS on black friday)?

claudekennilol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I was aware of that but I specifically wanted an XL for myself. I'm still considering buying my wife that one for my wife instead of letting her have my old one and I'll just install a CFW on my old one

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🛌