Gaming since 4
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yes. So this happened randomly one day. I was casually using my 3ds when the zr button started acting as if it was being constantly held. I would usually reboot and it would be fixed. But recently it has been happening 100% of the time. I even literally took out the zr button itself out of the device but it still acts as if being held down. I of course don't have it under warranty and am incapable of repairing consoles myself. Any idea what could be going on?

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you removed just the plastic button the button itself is still inside and connected
Don't forget to remove the hidden screws under the rubber feet if you can't open the 3DS completely

Gaming796

Gaming since 4
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If you removed just the plastic button the button itself is still inside and connected
Don't forget to remove the hidden screws under the rubber feet if you can't open the 3DS completely
Which screws are you talking about? I really wouldn't mind not having a zr button at all cause it's painful to have a malfunctioning one. I just want to completely remove it.

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I think the ZR button and R buttons are one part
If you want to remove it you can take apart your 3DS and unplug the cable for the R and ZR buttons but then you would also lose the R button
Maybe you could take out the cable that has those buttons and either rip out the ZR button or cut the trace that connects it

Gaming796

Gaming since 4
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I think the ZR button and R buttons are one part
If you want to remove it you can take apart your 3DS and unplug the cable for the R and ZR buttons but then you would also lose the R button
Maybe you could take out the cable that has those buttons and either rip out the ZR button or cut the trace that connects it
I mean I could but that sounds rather risky, doesn't it? Could there be a softmod or something that rejects input from the ZR button? I know it is too much to ask for, since it would potentially involve changing the 3DS OS's code, but is it possible? Else i would have to quit playing any games involving the ZR button including Smash 3DS (which is the only smash title i have unfortunately).

Last edited by Gaming796,

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The only thing like that I know about is the luma inputredirection thing that's meant for using external controllers or something but I don't know if that can disable the 3DS buttons

Gaming796

Gaming since 4
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The only thing like that I know about is the luma inputredirection thing that's meant for using external controllers or something but I don't know if that can disable the 3DS buttons
I thought the same. But it only redirects the input. If only it could be worked around to redirect input to null...

Reshiban

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Maybe you can do something with "Input Redirection" (Rosalina -> Miscellaneous options... -> Start InputRedirection)

Idk if you can do something with that, but I know that touch at the buttons so that can give you a track :)
(By example, with a plugin .3gx, the ZR ZL and mini-Joystick don't work, and by starting Input Redirection, that fix and they work)

Last edited by Reshiban,

Gaming796

Gaming since 4
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you can do something with "Input Redirection" (Rosalina -> Miscellaneous options... -> Start InputRedirection)

Idk if you can do something with that, but I know that touch at the buttons :)
(By example, with a plugin .3dx, the ZR ZL and mini-Joystick don't work, and by starting Input Redirection, that fix and they work)
Isn't it supposed to redirect input to an external input device? Is there actually a plugin which stops input from the ZR button?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just have an idea, but need someone to confirm this. When using Luma Input Redirection, is it possible that i only redirect the input of the ZR button while keeping all other button inputs on the 3ds itself?

Reshiban

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Isn't it supposed to redirect input to an external input device? Is there actually a plugin which stops input from the ZR button?
I use this luma3ds modified for launch .3gx plugins, and when you start a game with plugin, the N3DS buttons are off and you must start Input Redirection for turning on.

Luma3ds for .3gx:
https://github.com/mariohackandglitch/Luma3DS

.3gx plugin:
https://github.com/Nanquitas/CTRPluginFramework-BlankTemplate

The problem of buttons is a bug :P
More instructions on the GitHub

For the Input Redirection option, idk if that can turn off 3DS buttons for give all controls to the controller, maybe yes, maybe no, never tryed :/

Reshiban

Trophies
XP
Country
France
For me, just launch your games with this modified Luma3ds for disable your N3DS buttons.

Start Input Redirection need to be connected at a network (or the action failed), so I think you need a Computer or other things for that work :/
(I think the bug of the plugin is the better solution, just work in the games, but it work! :) )

Gaming796

Gaming since 4
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
For me, just launch your games with this modified Luma3ds for disable your N3DS buttons.

Start Input Redirection need to be connected at a network (or the action failed), so I think you need a Computer or other things for that work :/
(I think the bug of the plugin is the better solution, just work in the games, but it work! :) )
I appreciate your help but my problem is i need the c stick. I use the c stick almost all the time in smash 3ds so if I'm disabling zr and zl I'm also disabling c stick which i don't want to. I'll try connecting to a PC and test input redirection with only zr redirected. I searched online for a good guide to use the input direction but i couldn't find any. Could you help me set it up?

Reshiban

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I appreciate your help but my problem is i need the c stick. I use the c stick almost all the time in smash 3ds so if I'm disabling zr and zl I'm also disabling c stick which i don't want to. I'll try connecting to a PC and test input redirection with only zr redirected. I searched online for a good guide to use the input direction but i couldn't find any. Could you help me set it up?
I never realy used that, but I found a post on GBATemp explaining how to use that.
He said using "InputRedirectionClient-Qt" by TuxSH
https://gbatemp.net/threads/rosalina-input-redirection.476365/#post-7428882

And I know there is an homebrew "ModMoon" mad specially for SSB (but work with other games?) and allow to change the buttons functions, it can be an alternative :)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/modmoon...act-mods-manager-for-the-nintendo-3ds.519080/

Last edited by Reshiban,
Reactions: Gaming796

Gaming796

Gaming since 4
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I never realy used that, but I found a post on GBATemp explaining how to use that.
He said using "InputRedirectionClient-Qt" by TuxSH
https://gbatemp.net/threads/rosalina-input-redirection.476365/#post-7428882

And I know there is an homebrew "ModMoon" mad specially for SSB (but work with other games?) and allow to change the buttons functions, it can be an alternative :)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/modmoon...act-mods-manager-for-the-nintendo-3ds.519080/
I'll check out mod moon. Maybe it might not allow me to set zr to null but I'll still give it a go. Thanks for the help:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Those IHOP chips are actually pretty damn good