1. Yoshiquest

OP Yoshiquest Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hi, so I recently tried to replace my new 3ds xl's circle pad. As part of the process, I needed to remove the battery (to remove the other back plate), which I did. However, during the process, I realized I didn't have the correct type of screwdriver to remove the back plate, so I put the battery back in and closed everything up.

However, I wasn't able to turn on, or even charge, my 3ds after this. I even tried putting a piece of paper behind the battery in case that was the problem, and still nothing. To be fair, I hadn't turned on the 3ds for at least a month before the procedure, as I was waiting for the replacement part, then got too busy to try to repair it, and I forgot to test if it worked before taking it apart. So maybe the battery died before the attempted replacement? Or maybe something is wrong with the battery contacts itself?

TL;DR: Is there a way to know if the battery died, or if I screwed something up during my taking it out/putting it back in?

2. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen The Backup Reminder

Germany
    There is not much – if anything – one could screw up when removing and inserting a battery in a 3DS console (if nothing else has been opened yet).
    • Check the battery voltage with a multimeter
    • Try another battery
    Edit:
    • Try another charger as well

Last edited by KleinesSinchen, Mar 11, 2020
  3. Owne3d

Owne3d Member
    Newcomer

You said that you changed a circle pad yourself.

Make sure to check if any kind of ribbon isn't unplugged or maybe in worst-case scenario torn.
    DS systems won't start if one piece is missing if screen is unplugged it wont turn on, if the pad is faulty it wont turn on.
    Inspect it again, battery wont die unless its punctuated or you tore the cable apart.

4. Michael18751

Michael18751 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I have had this before. Try to reinsert the battery again and if it does not work, try to fold up a piece of scotch tape and stick it in the back of the battery (opposite end of contacts) and that would push the battery into the contacts, making better contact and potentially fixing the issue.

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - battery, putting, charge