raulr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello.
I replaced the top screen of my jailbroken New 3ds xl and now it won't turn on. The blue led lights up, but after a few seconds it turns off with a sound. I can get into god mode when I turn it on by holding start, so I know the screen is working perfectly.
What may be the problem?

raulr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Everything seems fine to me.

Attachments

• IMG_20220410_141142.jpg
    IMG_20220410_141142.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG_20220410_141910.jpg
    IMG_20220410_141910.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_20220410_141914.jpg
    IMG_20220410_141914.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG_20220410_141919.jpg
    IMG_20220410_141919.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 103

Deleted member 591971

Trophies
XP
you messed up the motherboard, the screen or a cable.

Did you install the wifi module? (afaik every 3ds system can't boot without it.)

Is the battery good?

Try going to a dark enviroment (no lights) and turn on the 3ds. If the top splashes, the bottom screen is fine, if the bottom flashes then the top is bad.

Reactions: Takokeshi

raulr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
you messed up the motherboard, the screen or a cable.

Did you install the wifi module? (afaik every 3ds system can't boot without it.)

Is the battery good?

Try going to a dark enviroment (no lights) and turn on the 3ds. If the top splashes, the bottom screen is fine, if the bottom flashes then the top is bad.
I believe the screens are working fine, since I can turn the console on while holding select.

Attachments

• IMG_20220410_142735.jpg
    IMG_20220410_142735.jpg
    837.3 KB · Views: 154

Deleted member 591971

Trophies
XP
I believe the screens are working fine, since I can turn the console on while holding select.

i found this on the forum, hope that it helps (i know nothing about 3ds repair)

Bad luck... The 3DS will not power on without at least both of the screens connected and most likely the speaker cable too, it will just turn on the blue light for a moment and then turn off again like you described, with a speaker popping noise and/or short white flash on one of the screens, obviously depending on which of those components are connected. The rest shouldn't matter, but if you start messing with the bottom screen, don't forget that the bottom screen has a separate small cable for its backlight which is also necessary.

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
replaced the top screen of my jailbroken New 3ds xl and now it won't turn on. The blue led lights up, but after a few seconds it turns off with a sound. I can get into god mode when I turn it on by holding start, so I know the screen is working perfectly.
What may be the problem?
The system boots fine, so it's not a screen/ribbon cable problem.
Does selecting "Show nand user string.." and pressing "start" boots into a black screen?

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.
I replaced the top screen of my jailbroken New 3ds xl and now it won't turn on. The blue led lights up, but after a few seconds it turns off with a sound. I can get into god mode when I turn it on by holding start, so I know the screen is working perfectly.
What may be the problem?

This is gonna sound dumb, but if you remove the SD card and turn on the system will it stay on? Once my cfw 3DS would illuminate the blue LED when you hit the power button, only to turn immediately off like you describe. I was confused, ended up removing the SD card to see that it would then turn on properly without the card inserted. At that point, I just lightly cleaned the contacts of the SD card, put it back in and the system continued to work again and nothing was lost.

raulr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is gonna sound dumb, but if you remove the SD card and turn on the system will it stay on? Once my cfw 3DS would illuminate the blue LED when you hit the power button, only to turn immediately off like you describe. I was confused, ended up removing the SD card to see that it would then turn on properly without the card inserted. At that point, I just lightly cleaned the contacts of the SD card, put it back in and the system continued to work again and nothing was lost.
Nothing different happens.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing different happens.
Sorry to hear that; still something to consider is that it may not even have anything to do with your screen replacement, and could just be something dumb like my SD card example. I mean, a betting man would say it probably is directly related to the screen replacement, but you never know.

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, but it takes a little longer to turn off.
Sounds like a hardware issue. I would reopen the system if i were you and re-seat the WiFi chip & the SD card reader.
Both screens are fine, from the pic you posted above, if one of them was faulty the system wouldn't boot to Luma3DS and wouldn't show image on both screens..
Not sure about the cameras though, but do the same if they have a ribbon cable on th mobo, unless it's somehow connected to the the upper screen then maybe it's best to leave it out for now.
If it still doesn't want to boot, it's worth trying the software side of things, not sure if it could be an sd card corruption problem.. but if you want to check, either get another sd card and test it with h2testw, or use the one you already have, and copy the stuff you have to your pc and test it with h2testw. If it's not defective, format it as FAT32 32KB cluster size and put the Luma3DS Boot.firm file on the root of the sdcard and try again.
If it still refuses to boot, you need to make a backup of the nand with GodMode9, and you should do CTRTransfer..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night