Hacking New 3DS XL won't downgrade to 2.1.0

doinbox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there I followed playlects guide to install cfw on my N3DSXL I'm currently at the point where I have to downgrade to 2.1.0 which i do and get no errors but then in system settings it still says 9.2.0 firmware. I decided to try the arm11 browser hack in the next step but it didn't work which I'm guessing is because I'm not on 2.1.0. So I restored an earlier nand after following troubleshooting steps and tried again, no errors but still 9.2.0.

Any ideas where I could be going wrong? Or is there a way I can start over?

Thanks for any help with this. Also I did a none new 3DSXL last week which went smoothly.

doinbox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Stupid question but are you sure you're using the 2.1 files and not 9.2?

Yes it's definitely the right one. Am I right in thinking that in system settings in sysnand it should show 2.1.0 or is it right that it says 9.2.0. I can no longer boot to rednand which it says is correct on a 2.1.0 firmware. So it's like it is done but just not right

Demnyx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You should do the one click setup of OTPHelper . . .

And it's normal , as you downgraded the Rednand , not the Sysnand , if you downgraded the sysnand , you would brick

Last edited by Demnyx,
Reactions: doinbox

doinbox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok after running the one click setup it's now allowing me to load the arm11 browser hack. However on the guide it say to choose full install but I don't have that option. I've attached an image to show you what happens when arm11 loads. Sorry if I'm being a tool

Attachments

• IMG_1708.JPG
    IMG_1708.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 266

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok after running the one click setup it's now allowing me to load the arm11 browser hack. However on the guide it say to choose full install but I don't have that option. I've attached an image to show you what happens when arm11 loads. Sorry if I'm being a tool
you copied the wrong arm11.bin/arm9.bin, they should come from SafeA9LHInstaller.

Reactions: doinbox

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water