Hacking new 3ds xl wont boot safe b9s installer

chuck670

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im following the guide and have the micro sd card loaded with the firmware and boot files. the magnet is succesful in putting the console to sleep. im using a preflashed r4i ntr boot card. when i hold start select x and power for several seconds my 3ds just boots to a soft black screen with flashing power light. ive tried to micro sds both formatted to fat 32 using built in windows formatter but still cant get it to work. any help guys?

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
it should be on solid blue light until you remove the magnet or stop pushing any of the buttons. Try if it is true. If so, your flashcard is not detected or boot.firm can't be found.

chuck670

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not working. the boot.firm is on the sd card but b9s wont trigger no matter what i do. question would the ntr flashcart show up in the 3ds menu? because upon inserting and taking out i dont know if the 3ds knows if its in there.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
If it is in ntrboot, it should not show up in home menu. And if it won't wait till you remove magnet or stop pushing any button, your magnet might not be positioned well.

chuck670

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so it didnt show up in home menu so i guess the card is fine. i double checked the micro sd thats to be inserted and all files are in right place. i found the sweet spot with the magnet, but when holding tge 4 butgons down, with the magnet placed in sweet spot, right files on 3ds sd card, it only comes on to a black screen with blinking light after several seconds. if i move the magnet in this state, the 3ds will be on the home screen but if i put the magnet back thr screen turns off. what coukd i be doing wrong? should i try formatting the micro sd maybe using a different pc app, and go from there?

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
One thing that is really weird is, that it won't trigger the ntrboot mode. It just boots. Thats what I don't understand (just to be sure, it is select + start + X)

chuck670

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea no matter what i do the installer just wont boot. i noticed on the modchipstore website the kit was suppose to include a tf card not sure what that is, with fles on it. maybe those were needed to hack the device. i only received the black and white cards, the micro sd,and a magnet. im gonna try messing around with formatting and retransferring files to the two different micro sd cards that i have, when i can get near a pc again. i may have to end up ordering another ntr flash card. sucks but i think it would definetly be worth it. thanks guys for help.

chuck670

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow thanks for the help guys! i managed to get it working today, and succesfully flashed my new 3ds xl running latest fw to luma. thanks to everyone out there that made this possible. one question tho, i was wondering if there is a way to download whatever kind of file zip etc, and then use an app to extract and move files around. i dont have a pc, and constantly removing the msd is quite the hassle. thanks again guys. :)

Reactions: Quantumcat

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
wow thanks for the help guys! i managed to get it working today, and succesfully flashed my new 3ds xl running latest fw to luma. thanks to everyone out there that made this possible. one question tho, i was wondering if there is a way to download whatever kind of file zip etc, and then use an app to extract and move files around. i dont have a pc, and constantly removing the msd is quite the hassle. thanks again guys. :)
You can use FBI or GodMode9 to move files around, not sure about unzipping though

Reactions: chuck670

SchroedingersSloth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What ended up working for you? I am having the exact same issue that you had and have had no luck fixing it. I created an account just to respond to this thread.

wherearemylegs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone wondering, the kit-b9s card OP bought is low quality and doesn't always make contact with the SD card. The SD card is where ntrboot is located on the card and it won't work without. The SD card is also only 8mb in size and you cannot reflash it with ntrboot flasher

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1