Hardware New 3DS XL (USA/CAN) - Dual IPS?

TechAndrew

Untitled
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,
I'm planning on getting a USA/CAN Region New 3DS XL, however, I'm specifically looking for a DUAL IPS New 3DS XL that has a "Quiet and Firm"-Type Hinge. In probabilities' terms, about 12-13 out of 100 New 3DS XLs meet this criteria, so this is not going to be an easy find.

This is what I know so far; correct me if I'm wrong:
- The New 3DS XL uses IPS Screens and TN Screens, or a Combination
- The older New 3DS XL's (especially ones with 9.x.0-xxU) tend to have Dual TN
- The mid-to-late 2015 New 3DS XL's (especially ones with S/N QW106xxxx x) tend to have IPS Top / TN Bottom
- The newer New 3DS XL's (especially Hyrule and Fire Emblem) tend to have TN Top / IPS Bottom or sometimes; DUAL IPS
-
The hinges are random; 50/50 chance

Here's my question; What is the best place to find and/or get a Dual IPS + Firm Hinge New 3DS XL console for around $250-300 CAD / $190-230 USD?

Andrew21

Last edited by TechAndrew,
Reactions: thaikhoa

fikatr

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Jvnv2Hw.png

it works confirmed

TechAndrew

Untitled
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just luck, there is no gurantee for getting one brand new.
I don't care if it's Brand New, as long as the 3DS has little to no wear/tear and the box, manuals, AR cards, etc. are included.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

try the zelda edtion n3dsxl on amazon, it's 10.3 below and dual ips. (I got dual ips)
Amazon is full of crazy scalpers (Yes, I've double checked)...

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

TechAndrew

Untitled
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here goes nothing...
I went to 3 different EBGames stores that all had Hyrule 3DS's.

One of the stores let me see their only one in stock. That one had a Top IPS screen and a Bottom TN. Not what I was looking for.

The second store told me that someone had already examined both of the Hyrule 3DS's they had in stock. Both of them turned out to be Dual TN.

So, I went to the next store. They had two in stock. One of the Hyrule 3DS's had a serial number starting with QW1... and the other had a serial number starting with QW4. Since the other ones I've already seen were Dual TN or Top IPS only and had QW4 S/Ns, I decided to take a look at the QW1 one. Low and behold, the screens were Dual IPS. And better yet, the hinge was Non-Wobbly. I compared the store's other Hyrule 3DS, which turned out to be Dual TN. At this point, I was sure that the QW1 was Dual IPS. And that's the story of how I found the Dual IPS 3DS.

Last edited by TechAndrew,

KingOfTaurus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting story. Now that I know this exists, I am now looking for a Dual IPS not wobble hinge 3ds. FML..

Thanks a lot bro, now I need to spend another $150 in my quest.

Edit: LOL nevermind. I just looked at my Monster hunter Edition from 2012 and it has Dual IPS, BUT has a wobble display.

I think its actually broken, cause I bought it used, but I'll take it apart and see if I can "FIX" that.

Serial number starts with QW4

Last edited by KingOfTaurus,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Bollocks