Hardware New 3DS XL Toshiba nand, cannot dumped or write?

marine5422

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently I corrupted FIRM0, FIRM1 by mistakes, so console show blue screen.
Luckily, I already dumped NAND backup via DSiwarehax, so I try to recover by hardmod.

After the assemble console and connect wire to adapter by tutorial
(https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/)
Seems everything looking good, but the PC wouldn't recognized the NAND.

Model: New 3DS XL Hyrule Gold Edition (ver 11.0.0-33U)

I already check, CLK, DAT0, GND, CMD wire/soldering point, so it's not a problem.
also I check Franken SD card still fine, even I connect soldering the alt clk but still not working.

I have 2 SD reader, Transcend F8 TS-RDF8K / P8 TS-RDP8K, but non of them working.

eMMC shows that http://imgur.com/a/7Z3h1

VM5047
1526KAE
CHINA
THGBMBG4
P1KBAIT

by figuring out THGBMBG4, it would be Toshiba NAND I guess.
(And dumped NAND SIZE: 1.21GB - 1.300.234.240 Byte)
and Mother board figure out to be "RED-CPU-10"

I just stopped here. PC won't recognize the eMMC so I cannot restore the NAND backup.
If there a problem between the wire or SD card I would already know that, but I can't find any problem.
(All wire, connection, Franken SD Card are worked well with Old 3DS XL, but not working with New 3DS XL)
From non-where I heard that rumor motherboard RED-CPU-10 doesn't not support hardmod.

but I cannot find any refer sources. Am I doing wrong something? or RED-CPU-10 mobo really not support?

Anyone could help what cause makes my console couldn't recognized from PC?
and It that REALLY TRUE mobo RED-CPU-10 toshiba nand can't write via hardmod??

Last edited by marine5422,

Dennis G

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i kinda had the same problem i've managed to make it work for a short while by shorting the wires realllly short, but since it has not worked but i have a transcend like you, today my anker comes in and i'll tell you if that works though

Kriogenic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have RED-CPU-10 with the same NAND you specify and shortening the wires is what fixed it for me just as mentioned above.

Kriogenic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The extra wires will do nothing but increase the read\write speed which is already decent. Extra work for no real payoff. I would suggest making sure he is using Dat0 and not accidently hooked up to the others.

Dennis G

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just got my anker 3.0 and it instantly works. i havent changed anything about my setup but the anker worked flawless instaltly even though the transcend always gave me trouble, i have new 3ds xl and had both nand's samsung and toshiba both haven't worked with the transcend, so switch that before changing anything else =)
IMG_2619.JPG IMG_2620.JPG

Last edited by Dennis G,

Dennis G

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Automatic double post. idk why it happens sometimes when i press submit, it post the same post twice, very sorry

Last edited by Dennis G,

Kriogenic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nice to see that your Anker worked.

In my case I was not using an Anker I was using a Digitech reader.

there is a few things to consider when troubleshooting what the actual issue is with your hardmod.

First off you should open up disk management and when you plug your FrankenSD in see if anything happens here.

If NOTHING happens at all then your SD reader is not supported and you need a different reader OR you have a wiring issue.
If disk manager freezes when you plug the FrankenSD and can not update the drive list then you are picking up the adapter and your reader is correct you should just shorten the wires length.

also a note to the OP, you have a samsung NAND
Samsung NAND:
1.300.234.240 bytes = 1.21 GiB

Last edited by Kriogenic,

marine5422

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice to see that your Anker worked.

In my case I was not using an Anker I was using a Digitech reader.

there is a few things to consider when troubleshooting what the actual issue is with your hardmod.

First off you should open up disk management and when you plug your FrankenSD in see if anything happens here.

If NOTHING happens at all then your SD reader is not supported and you need a different reader OR you have a wiring issue.
If disk manager freezes when you plug the FrankenSD and can not update the drive list then you are picking up the adapter and your reader is correct you should just shorten the wires length.

also a note to the OP, you have a samsung NAND
Samsung NAND:
1.300.234.240 bytes = 1.21 GiB

Well, I should try with Anker reader,
anyway, if I'm correctly, the nand size is not specific.
Someone in the irc says that he has Samsung eMMC with New 3DS XL but nand size was 1.84GB (1.979.711.488 bytes)
so maybe not the size correctly.

Dennis G

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, I should try with Anker reader,
anyway, if I'm correctly, the nand size is not specific.
Someone in the irc says that he has Samsung eMMC with New 3DS XL but nand size was 1.84GB (1.979.711.488 bytes)
so maybe not the size correctly.
both of your sizes are correct but the one is samsung and the other toshiba i think toshiba was the big one and samsung the smaller one but that does not really matter, as long as you get one of the two sizes you're golden. just make sure that you get yourself a good reader, it should pop up as a "not readable" device and ask you if you want to format, once you got that you can read/write with 32diskimager

Kriogenic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
both of your sizes are correct but the one is samsung and the other toshiba i think toshiba was the big one and samsung the smaller one but that does not really matter, as long as you get one of the two sizes you're golden. just make sure that you get yourself a good reader, it should pop up as a "not readable" device and ask you if you want to format, once you got that you can read/write with 32diskimager

just make sure you do not click yes to format the device. If you do this you will never recover

dicktisch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HI I have the same problem, using the Anker SD as suggested. Start up and get the blue screen but when i connect to my Mac (running windows 10 through bootcamp) The format window never pops up and it only shows that the Device is Connected by showing the driver in device manager. My new 3ds has the Toshiba nand. Im sure all my solder points are solid and not shorting. My Franken adapter has also been tripple checked the wire is about 8.5" long. Anyone have any suggestions? The only thing I see above thats useful would be to "shorten" the length of the SD card adapter?

Dennis G

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
HI I have the same problem, using the Anker SD as suggested. Start up and get the blue screen but when i connect to my Mac (running windows 10 through bootcamp) The format window never pops up and it only shows that the Device is Connected by showing the driver in device manager. My new 3ds has the Toshiba nand. Im sure all my solder points are solid and not shorting. My Franken adapter has also been tripple checked the wire is about 8.5" long. Anyone have any suggestions? The only thing I see above thats useful would be to "shorten" the length of the SD card adapter?
idk but it could be a hardware issue with the mac, it's just emulating windows as software, since the nand is already so limited by what reconizes it i'd suggest to plug it in some windows machine, just my suggestion though i have no experiences with mac's

dicktisch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk but it could be a hardware issue with the mac, it's just emulating windows as software, since the nand is already so limited by what reconizes it i'd suggest to plug it in some windows machine, just my suggestion though i have no experiences with mac's
I don't think that's the problem as Bootcamp doesn't emulate windows in the traditional sense; It acts as a true windows PC. Parallels an VMware, Virtualbox ext are emulators. But I will give it a try on a Windows machine I have laying around.

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If your 8.5 is in inches, then you will have a hard time.
Shorten the lenght to no more than 5 inches from MB to frankenSD.

If you're refering to cm, then you should try a Windows machine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over