New 3ds xl TN vs IPS what do you prefer? Big Difference?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Zeldalife89, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Zeldalife89
    OP

Zeldalife89 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 4, 2016
    Netherlands
    Hey all

First off i want to say i had a top ips new 3ds xl it had unfortantly a few problems with the hinges and all.
    So i exchanged for a new one the good thing is i got lucky and got the quite hinge/no wobble.
    BUT my screen is TN :(
    Like i said in my old post about my old new 3ds xl i dont know if i should be happy or unhappy?
    Also are there any people out there that actually prefer tn and if so why?And is there a big difference?
    I cant really tell exept for the viewing angles but im not going to play at 90 degrees...
    I also heard ips is prone to get alot of bleeding/ghosting and scanlines
    which tn has less issues likes that..

2. nzmrmnr

nzmrmnr Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 5, 2016
    Malaysia
    Depends on your preference imo. You better off stop thinking about it and start playing it.

3. swabbo

swabbo Wot u doin readin dis m8?

Mar 9, 2011
    East Yorkshire/ A Bin
    The only real difference is... oh wait there isn't one :D They both do the same thing, just some people prefer IPS because they feel special having dual IPS screens (like me) XD

4. Zeldalife89
    OP

Zeldalife89 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 4, 2016
    Netherlands
    Well i prefer my old ips but since thats gone i have to get used to tn nkw is the difference big? I kimda want to return it again untill i get my ips back but im afraid that cant happen since i already exchanged twice now at the store and they didnt want tp exchange it the first time so a third wont happen...

I guess tn screen are more common? Seems like most people get those but i cant stand knowing that i had a ips only the hinges were defect;(

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also swabbo did u compare tn vs ips and u say there isnt much difference? Thats good to know but like i said i cant stand knowinf i had a ips; (