cataklix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys,

I'm just unbox and A9LH my N3DSXL from Amazon France and I got one with dual TN displays...
I'm hesitating send it back to amazon, to try to find one with IPS.

If you were at my place, what did you do ?
How we can remove A9LH totally before resend it to Amazon ?

Thanks a lot.

Last edited by cataklix,

chocoboss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
They will not be able to send you IPS since there is no difference in box between IPS and TN,

You can have dual TN, 1 TN + 1 IPS or 2 IPS, you just need to be lucky :rofl2:

Last edited by chocoboss,

cataklix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm going to send mine back to Amazon, in first because the price is going down with the switch release and after this, I will try to buy the black model( I have blue right now) and I hope getting dual IPS screens...

D

Deleted User

i hate literally everybody who argues about inferior screens. if you were actually intelligent, you guys would care about the quality of games not the screen which you play them on

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
What N3DS did you buy?

Orange/Black, Pearl White and Pink are the latest released once. So it's a higher chance to get IPS on those. Me and my girlfriend got dual IPS on one each.

cataklix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have buy the blue model, which I return today to amazon and try to buy the black one... (I don't like the blue color so much) and maybe I get IPS displays.

EDIT : I just receive the black one and she have the top IPS and the bottom TN so it's great, because top screen is more important ;)

Last edited by cataklix,

THFourteen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you want to hear a ridiculous story?

I bought a Blue 3DS XL "like new" for £150 on amazon market place. Great condition but double TN screens
I bought a Black 3DS XL on ebay for £105 on ebay, top screen TN, bottom screen IPS (wtf), sold it on ebay for £135, so about £20 profit)
I then decided i wanted an orange and black one. Found a "new" one on Alza.co.uk for £178, bought it, it arrived and has a scratch under the buttons (clearly not new). Waiting for a refund.
Just won an ebay auction for an orange and black one £150 or so on ebay, hopefully its in good condition and has at least a top IPS screen.

If not i'm giving up and either the blue or the orange and black will go back on ebay, and put an end to this nonsense. In short - don't do this.

Enteking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How bad are the blacks of the 3DS IPS displays? Colors, viewing angles and sharpness are not the only important factor for display quality and IPS is known to have some huge disadvantages with blacks in the dark.

Bad blacks and low contrast would far out weigh the better colors and viewing angles for me but I did not have the chance to compare the displays yet. I also wonder why nobody talks about the bad speakers of the N3DS, the O3DS had much better sound in my opinion.

Last edited by Enteking,

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having had two 3ds systems (o3ds dual tn, euro n3ds top ips/bottom tn) I agree dual ips is the way to go.

I sourced a dual ips GameStop zelda edition on eBay and paid for it by selling both my other systems on eBay. I'm very happy with the system compared to the tn variants and now have a wicked handheld and retro system!

My advice: If screen type is bothersome keep buying and returning or pay up in eBay- it's worth it. It's a great system to have and you'll enjoy it even more.

THFourteen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argh the orange and black arrived and it's dual tn!

Off to eBay it goes... going to try ONE more time. Can't believe I've done four consoles now and not a single top
IPS.

Most-Wanted

3D OLED TV'S /o/
Trophies
XP
Country
I've bought and returned/sold 10 new N3DSXL consoles all dual Tn .. and i do have a 2015 model N3DSXL with IPS panels.. the Blacks are amazing... the Tn consoles don't have "blacks" just really dark greys.. its f--cking annoying .. for me its not a problem since its easy to find grey/black consoles with IPS top ... however trying to Find a pink and white IPS for my neice is Impossible ... while a blue one for my sister is hard, i will get one for her eventually.

jmhannz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think they are still manufacturing with IPS from what I can tell. Good thing I have a dual IPS hyrule edition chillin in a box!

Oschara

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its all about preference. If you've never had ips then TN is fine. But once you have ips you cant go back. BAHAHAH

H0thTr0n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went through 14 3DS system before I finally managed to get a dual IPS Fire Emblem from Amazon the second time after spending $600

nYdF4n4.jpg

Reactions: Most-Wanted

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.