OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,

I have New 3ds xl shuts down after closing and entering sleepmode. The console is never been hacked or anything.

I don't want it to sent back to Nintendo because is already out of warranty and I have heard that your losing all your data especially you Streetpass data is this true? And can you make a backup yourself?

I live in the Netherlands so if anyone knows a good place to repair it I love to hear it

Thnx

Clau

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi,

I have New 3ds xl shuts down after closing and entering sleepmode. The console is never been hacked or anything.

I don't want it to sent back to Nintendo because is already out of warranty and I have heard that your losing all your data especially you Streetpass data is this true? And can you make a backup yourself?

I live in the Netherlands so if anyone knows a good place to repair it I love to hear it

Thnx

Clau
Does it shut off immediately when closed? Try closing it only partway/most of the way, does it still shut off?
It sounds like it could be a damaged upper screen ribbon cable.

Clau46

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does it shut off immediately when closed? Try closing it only partway/most of the way, does it still shut off?
It sounds like it could be a damaged upper screen ribbon cable.

Thanks for your answer.

It does not always happen, yes i did tried to close it partway and it does shutdown even then.

is there a way to repair it yourself or it better to send it back to Nintendo?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thanks for your answer.

It does not always happen, yes i did tried to close it partway and it does shutdown even then.

is there a way to repair it yourself or it better to send it back to Nintendo?
You can replace the ribbon cable, getting it through the hinge part is kind of a pain in the ass from what I've heard, but it can be done.

Clau46

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks again for your answer.

I will look for the part or a shop how can repair it. Do i need to replace only the ribbon cable or is it a part of the upper screen? Because i can't find a store how does only sell the ribbon cable

Clau46

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Today I called Nintendo and they said I need to send is to them so that they can research the problem. The repair costs are almost 100 euro if need to replace the motherboard.

A new one is 189 so I think I going to buy a new one.

porko

Trophies
XP
Country
I had a similar problem with an old XL, it would switch off if opened past about 90 degrees, usually this means a damaged ribbon cable, after opening it up it shouldn't be too hard to find which one it is. For me it ended up being the speaker ribbon cable which wasn't too hard to fix, best check iFixit and see if you're willing to give it a shot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I cant tell what my favorite N64 game is