Hardware New 3ds XL Screen Repair

TheDuckMan64

Chicken nugget.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So today I pull my n3ds off my shelf, only to discover that the screen has somehow smashed:
IMG_4004.JPG

Anyone know where I can order a new LCD (that actually ships to Australia), or a reputable user who does fixes?

Last edited by TheDuckMan64,

DHall243

I Stay Broke Because I Keep Buying 3DS's To A9LH
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I looked everyone for some, found 3 on ebay that say they are for a 2015 New 3DS XL, but Im not yet sure if they are or not, Ill let you know the two I ordered get here. They're going for stupid high cost and no one like ifixit or those sites have anything for N3DS's yet.

TheDuckMan64

Chicken nugget.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I looked everyone for some, found 3 on ebay that say they are for a 2015 New 3DS XL, but Im not yet sure if they are or not, Ill let you know the two I ordered get here. They're going for stupid high cost and no one like ifixit or those sites have anything for N3DS's yet.
This is one of the cheaper ones :P, but I've ordered from this guy before,and he's pretty reliable. I'll probably just end up ordering from him when my Paypal transaction goes through. I'll wait a couple days though and see how you go.

TheDuckMan64

Chicken nugget.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Looks like it's for o3DS but the listing is a bit unclear.
Top Upper LCD Screen Display Replacement Part for Nintendo 3DS XL LL N3DS NEW? Also looks like it's for n3ds, I'll do a bit of homework though

Says in the description:

Nintendo 3DS XL LL N3DS XL(NOT for Nintendo 3DS / NDSi-XL)

Just realised I might be losing my IPS goodness..... *cri*

rip-it-up

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if The screen fits a new 3ds xl then it must use the extact same screen as the original 3ds xl. ( never opened a new n3ds xl)
when sellers put, N in front of ds or 3ds it normally just stands for nintendo
nds ndslite n3ds etc. the listing was probably created before nintendo shoved new in the name. or could possibly be a bit of wordplay of the sellers behalf. Likewise sticking new in the description is just probably stating that its not used.

TheDuckMan64

Chicken nugget.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
if The screen fits a new 3ds xl then it must use the extact same screen as the original 3ds xl. ( never opened a new n3ds xl)
when sellers put, N in front of ds or 3ds it normally just stands for nintendo
nds ndslite n3ds etc. the listing was probably created before nintendo shoved new in the name. or could possibly be a bit of wordplay of the sellers behalf. Likewise sticking new in the description is just probably stating that its not used.
Actually I think it might be an o3ds xl screen. Sorry @The Real Jdbye :P

EDIT: Although the o3ds xl and n3ds xl have exactly the same screen size, I don't know which one uses which screen. I think the one I posted was for an o3ds.

EDIT 2:The one I posted is for n3ds, as shown here (ifixit teardown)

EDIT 3: Yet in this video, the o3ds xl screen looks the same as the n3ds?

Last edited by TheDuckMan64,

rip-it-up

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the screen u link fits the original 3ds xl. 100% sure of that. But i cannot stay for sure if it also fits the new 3ds xl. like you say screen size is the same and the 3d/brightness control flex appears to be in the same position, but there might be a difference in cable length etc

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015..._2&btsid=5aa3f581-0ed7-4f59-94c9-75c6fc846945

2015 and 2012 3ds xl use different screens

Last edited by rip-it-up, , Reason: more info

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just buy a bricked device from ebay, may will be cheaper :)

Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk

Last edited by ken28,

DHall243

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

TheDuckMan64

Chicken nugget.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Any news on how it went? I was going to order from @DHall243 's link, but they don't ship to Australia

DHall243

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any news on how it went? I was going to order from @DHall243 's link, but they don't ship to Australia
Dont buy, its O3DS xl screens, aliexpress has legit n3ds xl ll screens for $39, ive got another N3DS xl that needs a screen so ill be buying one from ali shortly

Last edited by DHall243,

TheDuckMan64

Chicken nugget.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country

DHall243

Trophies
XP
Country