Hacking New 3ds xl ruined?

Ravian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I did a dumb thing last night. I started playing pokemon ultra sun and I wanted to go on gts but I needed to update. I just thought my cfw system should be fine if I updated even after knowing the newer updates weren't safe for cfw. Anyway, I was wondering if there is anything that could be done? As of right now I can't boot into the main ui but I can open luma.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Remove and reinsert your battery to reset RAM memory. Try booting with the SD card.
2. If you still can't get to HOME Menu, do some troubleshooting.
  • Black screen on SysNAND boot
  • Clear Home Menu extdata
  • Black screen on SysNAND boot after Installing boot9strap
3. You're now in the Twilight Zone. Try booting the n3DSXL without an SD card.
Depending on what happens next.

[to be continued]

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you upgraded to 11.8 and were using a Luma version older than 9.1, then you should just need to manually update your copy of Luma. Download Luma 9.1 and replace the boot.firm on your SD card with it and I'm pretty sure you should be good.

Ravian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do I install boot9strap? I assume its a .firm file?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you upgraded to 11.8 and were using a Luma version older than 9.1, then you should just need to manually update your copy of Luma. Download Luma 9.1 and replace the boot.firm on your SD card with it and I'm pretty sure you should be good.

My luma is at 9.0 so i'll try that.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I install boot9strap? I assume its a .firm file?

Do you recall which version of Luma3DS your n3DSXL was using?

If it was Luma3DS (v7.0.5 or older) using something called arm9loaderhax (A9LH), you upgrade with this guide:

This section is for you if you get the "Failed to Apply 1 Firm patch(es)" error message after updating to 11.8.0-41 firmware.

The latest custom firmware setup you should have is Luma3DS v9.1, GodMode9 v1.7.1, and boot9strap v1.3 on both your SD card and CTRNAND.

If instead you had Luma3DS (v7.1 to v9.0) and/or with boot9strap (v1.0 - v1.2), you update with these guides:
  1. Updating B9S
  2. Section VI - CTRNAND Luma3DS
For a condensed version of 1 & 2 combined.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I did a dumb thing last night. I started playing pokemon ultra sun and I wanted to go on gts but I needed to update. I just thought my cfw system should be fine if I updated even after knowing the newer updates weren't safe for cfw. Anyway, I was wondering if there is anything that could be done? As of right now I can't boot into the main ui but I can open luma.
The newer updates are perfectly safe with CFW, just make sure you always update Luma first. And when there's a brand new update, it's worth checking to make sure CFW is compatible with it. Any time there's a new update there'll be a thread on here detailing compatibility with CFW and homebrew.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Ravian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

That worked perfectly. Thank you.

Ravian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you recall which version of Luma3DS your n3DSXL was using?

I fixed it after. Thanks for everything. I just needed luma 9.1. Mine was on 9.0.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Make sure you update the custom firmware on your CTRNAND as well.

You'll know it's updated if you can boot into HOME Menu without an SD card.

Okay. I'll make sure that is done.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse