Hardware New 3DS XL powers on with AC but not with battery

MrStealYourCookies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello i have a new 3ds xl that i recently did a board swap but there is a catch the console itself works but not when i try to run it on battery i have used some battery apps on my cfwed 3ds and they read properly but everytime i unplug the charger it will automatically turn off i have 2 donor boards lying around so i was wondering if i could get help in figuring out which component is causing the problem i have already tried replacing the battery but it ended with the same result Thanks in advance

gorgyrip

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It sounds like it's a store unit. in the old 3ds and 3ds xl you need to move a resistor to a near footprint.
And check this:

MrStealYourCookies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Small update: the problem was the charge ic the fuses on both power board and motherboard were fine i found out the problem by an old thread from leerz and it perfectly matches with my problem my 3ds is working again

Rainman63

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Small update: the problem was the charge ic the fuses on both power board and motherboard were fine i found out the problem by an old thread from leerz and it perfectly matches with my problem my 3ds is working again
Any links to that thread or pics of what it was? I just did a USB-C swap on mine, it works perfectly when plugged in but will not run on battery

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.