Namanix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi there,

Last week i have upgraded my 3ds with a 64gb card so i can install all the games that i want.
But i also want to make some VC Injects (A lot of them).

My question is. Does the performance of my 3ds homescreen / games decrease when i install a lot of games (200+)
Also is it maybe any different if i place all those games in a folder to keep my homescreen clean?

Maybe it's a dumb question but i just don't know much on how the 3ds handles installed applications.

Kind regards,
Namanix

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
With a big sd card the console will boot slightly slower.
If you have a lot of games in your home menu it will also take a little more time to display all the icons on boot.
But beside that, no there is no difference.

Namanix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is there a difference in time by putting the games in folders?
So that only the folder is loaded on boot and not all the games inside?
That should make the boot faster right ?

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not sure I don't have that many games installed but I didn't notice a difference if there is one. But in theory it makes sense.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a difference in time by putting the games in folders?
So that only the folder is loaded on boot and not all the games inside?
That should make the boot faster right ?
no thats just one more icon (. . . folders badges it all counts) . . . FYI it really does not take that long to load

Last edited by wormdood,

thund3rstruck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My question is. Does the performance of my 3ds homescreen / games decrease when i install a lot of games (200+)
Also is it maybe any different if i place all those games in a folder to keep my homescreen clean?

I have 4 3DS consoles here and all of them are using 120GB SD cards. My personal 3DS also has a bunch of GBA games and the slot has a Gold R4i (for NDS games).

I can't tell any difference between its speed now and back when it only had a 16GB SD Card. I do have my games separated into folders but that's not because of performance its because its literally impossible to find anything when you have 150 games on your home screen.

You do have to do some extra steps to get larger capacity cards to work though

Last edited by thund3rstruck,
Reactions: wormdood

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have 4 3DS consoles here and all of them are using 120GB SD cards. My personal 3DS also has a bunch of GBA games and the slot has a Gold R4i (for NDS games).

I can't tell any difference between its speed now and back when it only had a 16GB SD Card. I do have my games separated into folders but that's not because of performance its because its literally impossible to find anything when you have 150 games on your home screen.

You do have to do some extra steps to get larger capacity cards to work though

thanks for that tip regarding format in windows to ntfs first. i used to get the same issue and found closing explorer and running f32f thru command line fixed but that's a useful tip.

Reactions: thund3rstruck

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr