New 3DS XL Or 3DS XL

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by _Pro_Man_, May 28, 2015.

1. _Pro_Man_
    OP

_Pro_Man_ GBAtemp Regular

May 21, 2015
    United States
    I was wondering if I should purchase a New 3DS XL Or 3DS XL. Currently, I have a regular 3DS, so any of these systems would be an improvement for me. The reason that I would like to upgrade is because that I did not know about Gateway before I updated my 3DS. It is on firmware 9.4, and I really do not feel like waiting anymore for Gateway to support this firmware. I know that the New 3DS XL has better performance, boot up times, and 3D, but my main goal is to be able to use Gateway. All 3DS XLs are Gateway supported off the shelf right? It would be more difficult to find a New 3DS XL that is Gateway ready right? Advice is appreciated!

2. Lokio27

Lokio27 Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2015
    United States
    Nothing supports the Gateway off the shelf because their updated unless their an old shipment. If you buy a New 3DS XL, it'll be worth more when you go to sell it, and the adaptive 3D is really nice.

3. _Pro_Man_
    OP

May 21, 2015
    United States
    What I was saying that the 3DS XL will come with a firmware less than 9.2, making it Gateway compatible. However, very few of the New 3DS XL's come with 9.0-9.2, and I thought that it might be hard to find these.

4. Lokio27

Lokio27 Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2015
    United States
    O
    Oh, I see. My New 3DS didn't come with 9.0 - 9.2, so you might be out of luck there. If you do manage to find a system, though, congrats.

5. _Pro_Man_
    OP

May 21, 2015
    United States
    If you don't mind me asking, when did you get your New 3DS? I feel that I am out of luck now of getting one in the stores. I really don't want to pay an extra $100 on eBay for a 9.0 New 3DS

6. Lokio27

Lokio27 Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2015
    United States
    In april.