New 3DS XL on Sys 9.2.0-20U and Emu Rei 10.7.0-32U

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by phas, Jan 23, 2017.

1. phas
    OP

phas Member

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2015
    United States
    I put ReiNand on my new 3ds xl a while ago, downgraded to 9.2.0 and all that jazz, all I'm making this thread for is that I've been out of the loop for a while and I need to know where to go from here.

As in the title here's my shit:
    New 3DS XL from mid-2015
    SysNand: Ver. 9.2.0-20U
    EmuNand: Rei. 10.7.0-32U

What should I do with it, and how?

Thanks in advance!

edit: also have a sky3ds card if that changes anything

2. reiyu

reiyu Canadian, eh?

Jan 8, 2008
    Canada
  3. phas
    OP

phas Member

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2015
    United States
    Honestly idk what is even on my 3ds besides just reinand. I don't know how to use the website

4. ItsKipz

ItsKipz l33t hax0r

Sep 9, 2016
    United States
    The C: drive
    Just follow all the steps, and you'll be fine. It explains everything very well.

5. phas
    OP

phas Member

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2015
    United States
    I've been told by a friend that Luma is good but idk how to switch from rei to luma.

6. reiyu

reiyu Canadian, eh?

Jan 8, 2008
    Canada
    follow that exact guide and you'll end up with luma.

Zidapi and ItsKipz like this.
  7. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Click the link, then click "get started". All steps should be done on sysNAND and you can't skip anything, having ReiNAND doesn't help you in any part of the guide.

8. chocoboss

chocoboss GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2016
    France
    FRANCE
    There is a new version of Reinand ( V5 ), you can update it and then update to 11.2 and enjoy your 3ds :)

No need complicated downgrade ...

Last edited by chocoboss, Jan 23, 2017
    nechigawara likes this.
  9. nechigawara

nechigawara Citizen of Gamindustri

Oct 14, 2006
    Thailand
    Planeptune
    As @chocoboss suggest, if you want to keep using ReiNAND, you can just update ReiNAND to lastest version, and you will be up-to-date.
    Or, if you want to go a more update prevent proof..... You need to learn more about 3DS Hacking.

There is 4 things you need to know right now, of course, about 3DS hacking.
    1. 3DS exploit: This is a way allow to run somethings that normally can't run such as homebrew, etc. Example of 3DS exploit are menuhax, arm9loaderhax, fasthax, etc.
    2. 3DS CFW: This is what you want to allow your 3DS to add more function to FW, such as out of region cart load, pirating, ETC. This one need 3DS exploit to be able to run. Example of CFW is Luma3DS. ReiNAND, Corbenik.
    3. SysNAND: This is your System OS that run on the 3DS.
    4. EmuNAND: The clone of your SysNAND that store on SD card. This one is need to allow CFW to run without some exploit such as menuhax getting remove by Nintendo update
    Your current setting is menuhax (an Exploit) + ReiNAND (CFW) + EmuNAND
    The choices you have here are:
    1. Installing Arm9loaderhax (A9LH) Exploit with ReiNAND CFW. Can be done by following this guide: http://3ds.guide/ by replacing Luma3DS file with ReiNAND instead. This setting is mostly safe from removed by Nintendo.The problem is, this setting require user to hack into 3DS System files. So it has a small risk of brick. But, if you're understand and following every step of the guide I gave you correctly. Even though you bricked, it can still be fix by hardmod. This setting won't need EmuNAND anymore, but you can still keep using it.
    2. Keep menuhax Exploit and Updating ReiNAND CFW to the lastest version. Just replace old ReiNAND file with a new one and you're done. This one is more safer in installing state. But, drain SD card space for cloning SysNAND into EmuNAND, and has a chance getting remove if you update to next firmware when you accindently boot to SysNAND.

10. cero55

cero55 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2014
    United States
    Sorry to hijack this thread but i'm in a similar predicament. also have been out of the loop for a while and need some direction on where to go. last time i hacked the 3ds was using gateway and the cubic ninja exploit.the last thing i remember was playing my psychical cart of bravely default and the hack wouldn't load up anymore.

New 3ds xl
    Current Ver. 9.0.0-20U

11. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Just follow 3ds.guide/get-started

12. chocoboss

chocoboss GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2016
    France