Homebrew New 3ds XL not booting after updating luma to hourly build.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being just a user, not a developer I fail to understand why you take notice of complaining users.
All CFW is use at your own risk software, and nobody should ask you to give warranties of any sort.
Personally I value the work of anyone in the community that takes the time to code anything, and cannot understand why you should react as a clientele manager. Nobody here has the right to complain. At the very least they should say "thank you for sharing".
Despite thread after thread of people that complain, and uncaring enough to read and read and read and THINK, there are quite a number of users very happy with your work and Aurora's and Plailect's and so on.... But as always, they, as I, are not the most vocal people.
I, we, thank you for your work, and we cherish the fact that you provide us, noob and little-versed users, with the possibility to try and make our systems into what we really want.
We want to keep those options open.
As an example, latest hourly is always nice to keep as a possibility, even if I only needed it ONCE.
I, and not the only one in this, would really hate to see this option go away. It could be guarded by a button combination press, and go with a screen of warnings, but please, think about people that really value having more options.
It is a shame that there is a silent majority that just uses the programs, just uttering a "thank you" in a thread, while the bunch of whiners that complain without trying to fix anything by themselves, strikes your interest.
Those that really use your body of work eventually figure things out by themselves. I do not take kindly on people just grabbing things and complaining on partial information. Yes, this is the internet, but common sense should keep on existing even here.
Would people really complain if somebody trashed their car's engine if that person wasn't a mechanic?
Well. keep the good work as long as you can, all of you.
Thank you.
Thank you for this, honestly. It's a shame that we see more people complaining than we do see people praising what has been done before. I mentioned this when I released the no-hourly update version that v2.1.1 will still be there for people who still want to risk their devices by updating to the latest hourly if/when it breaks things again. Noobs who have no idea what they're doing should stick to v2.1.2 unless they need to update to the latest hourly for whatever reason.

Every complaint thread that involves Luma Updater makes me nervous in that something's happened with the program that I possibly wouldn't know how to fix and people would keep complaining because that problem would continue to appear for other users as well. I took on Luma Updater to test my knowledge and yes, I am still learning LU's code today. Please understand that I'm not adding any more features to LU until my knowledge of the code grows. LU does what it's supposed to do: update Luma to the latest stable, latest hourly, or restore a previous version, also while updating it on CTRNAND if the user wishes. I don't see the need to add anything else of importance, unless Luma3DS changes things yet again like it did with a9lh to b9s. The code is open sourced for a reason so that anyone can add on to what's already available.

Wall of text aside, I do appreciate the users who do figure things out for themselves, and have offered their thanks to, not only me but, to others involved in this community. I've given my own thanks to the people involved, because it's nice to know that your time and effort wasn't wasted and that we appreciate the things they do to make this community better.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

Blckwing182

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm a woman, and I had warnings on the Github releases page for the last two versions as well. :/
Ppl dont read a single conrflake box.

Hourly build are no god. If devs does not update when something gets merged its for a reason.

You kind woman(or girl) are doing such a great job (a really awesome one) but ppl do not apreciate it when not reading.

Regards.

Reactions: KunoichiZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.